Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Awful morning

So last night, I went to a meeting for the Friends of Missouri Midwives which was great! We talked cloth diapers and I got to meet a mama from here, Milkondemand. Tara had a nice stash of dipes to show off!

I got home kinda late and dh and ds were both sleeping in our bed. Dh said that ds didn't want to sleep alone and I think dh was pleased to have extra time with ds even if they were sleeping So, I decided to sleep on the couch since I don't sleep well with all 3 of us in the bed. Bad choice! I have had a pinched nerve in my back that runs down my left arm for the past few days. Last night it was bad. Well, this morning, I woke up around 5:30am with my heart racing. That's my SVT kicking in, Had no clue why. The last 2 times it did, it was because of caffeine. No caffeine since June. I was scared and woke up dh to make a decision about going to the er. I was able to bring my heart down to normal by breathing deep and holding my breath. However, I am sore by now and tired and scared. Called my heart dr and he wasn't in today but was immediately transfered to a nurse. She and I chatted about it all and she reassured me that I would be fine. Just get rest and drink lots of water. No problem! I did make an appt with my chiro b/c of the pinched nerve. Got in at 10:30. Saw her massage therapist first and oh my word did that feel wonderful! She said that I was very tight on my left side. Before my massage, my chiro comes in to talk and get an idea of what is going on. I fill her in and I say that I can feel on my backbone where my back is out and it hurts. She comes over to behind me and says that T4 vertebrae, and she presses gently down my back starting at my neck T1,T2, T3 and when she gets to T4 and I say ouch she says thats connected to my heart T4 is the one that really hurts. I get my massage and then my chiro sees me and adjust my upper back, my neck and my pelvic area. She wants to see me back on Friday to adjust me again. Now all of this isn't going to solve my heart problem. That will require surgery after my boys are born.
So very interesting how our spine/backbone is very much in correlation to the rest of our body and how if it's out of whack, the rest of our body doesn't feel good.

I am so blessed to have my chiropractor

So, thats my morning. Took a nap today and am feeling better. Nate woke up at 5:30am also so he was down for a nap by 12:30 and is still sleeping! Tired boy. He deserves a treat since he had to put up with me today!

Advertisement

Last edited by starbuckmom; 08-27-2008 at 02:04 PM.
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
MCmom3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Awful morning

so sorry the day started out tough, but it sounds like it might be turning around a bit. That is always nice. I hope you get to end the day on a much better note!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
CandiceW
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm sorry your day started out bad ((hugs))
Good to hear you got to go see your chiropractor though!
Hope you are feeling 100% soon!
Baby Matthew 05-27-2014
Baby #4 due January 2016
CandiceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
robertribeye
Registered Users
seller

glad to see you were able to get in and they adjusted you. Are you feeling much better? hope you take it easy mama!.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #5
jaceraden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry about your repeated bouts of SVT - terrifying I'm sure. Hopefully there will be no more couch surfing for you and you can get these boys grown and out before having to deal with another episode.
jaceraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #6
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

awwww, mama, how scary. So sorry you are going through that.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #7
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the support mamas! I was a bit in pain yesterday but the massage felt soooo good. After coming home from visiting a friend I took a nice long hot bath for my back. Seems to help as today I feel almost normal! My back is still sore because of the massage but I am ok with that. I slept so well last night too

I have an appt with my heart dr early in Sept and I hope to find out more whats going on. I hope to have surgery after my boys are born. Not right away, but some time next year. It's not too serious of a surgery but I would like to have it done.
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
JollyHolly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! So sorry you had to go through that Mama! How scary! Thank goodness you were able to get that massage and get adjusted. I'm so glad you were feeling better today. Hopefully you will continue to feel better!
Old 08-29-2008, 04:17 AM   #9
violetflower
Registered Users

How scary for you!! How awful to have to go through that!