Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
Jordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do you see what I see? and HELP! Updated Again 08/29

Yep, I know you do! I really want to be excited, but this is so unplanned! Let me explain. First of all, I have a Mirena IUD. Well I'm supposed to but I can't find the strings. I just got my first period back since I had DS on August 3rd. I was super heavy. Then, on the 21st, I had what I thought was another period. It was light and lasted about 3 days. I just thought it was my body adjusting or something. Anyway, so my first signs of pregnancy with my boys was an upset stomach and I've been like that the last couple days. DH has even commented on it and said you aren't pg are you? No way! Well, he got me parinoid so I took a test and you see what I got.

This is the thing, I don't know how to tell DH. We have talked recently about having another LO and he is totally againist it. And we are going through such a stressful time now. We just sold our house and are moving to a rental while our new one is being built. Any ideas on how to tell him? Sorry if this is rambled, I'm a mess!

Update 08/28: I told DH. I started off with the "we need to talk." And the first thing out of his mouth was "you think your pregnant don't you?" I was like well you got my thinking with the comments about my upset stomach. So he really didn't have much to say other than, we are never going to be able to afford anything, how are we going to afford the kids college, etc. Of course, he tried to say I did it on purpose, but I know he really knows there is no way I could have done that. So I'm just leaving him alone now, and he went back to bed (he works 3rd shift).

I called the obgyn and told them I had a bfp and had a mirena IUD and the nurse was like OMG. Yeah, nice way to scare me. I ask her if they'd had patients like this before and she says yes, several. So anyway, I'm going in tomorrow afternoon. I'll update again then. Oh, btw, took another test, again positive.

Update 08/29: So I went to my appt today and had the u/s and they couldn't find the IUD anywhere! The doc is thinking it must have come out without me knowing. They did a pregnancy test (urine) and said it was positive but really light, probably due to the fact that I wouldn't even be 4 weeks yet (going by the August 3rd). They couldn't see anything on the u/s either. So they did a blood draw today and I have to go back in Tuesday morning for another one so they can compare the levels. Somebody please tell me this is normal for this stage in pregnancy! I'm so nervous that something will be wrong. This is going to be the longest weekend ever....

Advertisement

Last edited by Jordan; 08-29-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you see what I see? and HELP!

No real advice, just hugs! I'm sorry, I'm sure it will work itself out.
I'd just be really honest with your DH- you're upset, that you tested because what he said made you paranoid, and you're scared. He'll probably be better about than you think.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
sunnie_skys
Banned

My Mood:

I see it momma. He will come around, they always do. Congrats and
sunnie_skys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

leave out the pg test with a note that says see what you did?
JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #5
Mommi3130
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mommi3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:03 AM   #6
mommy2boys2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

go to the dr right away and get checked for that IUD, it could cause a M/C or this could be a tubal because of the IUD, DH will come around, it was obviously ment to be. GL
Jamie, mama to DS-Daniel- 04-06-2005, DS- Michael- 06-16-2007(my birthday present!), DS-Samuel-12-13-2009, DD Abigail- 01-02-2012 baby #5 due October 1, 2013
mommy2boys2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:42 AM   #7
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mama, it will be okay, take some time to adjust, your dh will come around. God doesn't fool around with timing, it's meant to be (I don't mean to offend), He will take care of you. I'm sure it will sink in for dh, even if it takes a little bit longer than you'd like. Best wishes and I hope that the next 9 months treats you good
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:06 AM   #8
Pridelandsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey there mama.......this little blessing was just meant to be! Your hubby will go thru his emotions (and just allow him to)......and then I bet he will be excited for this new addition.

Best of wishes to you!

Kingdom Kids Family Farm

Psalm 104:24~random thoughts from a not so random mom
Pridelandsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:30 AM   #9
mommymilk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to let you know that my 10 week old daughter was a HUGE oops, and my husband was quite upset about it...because we all know I did this on my own! We found out about 10 days before his vasectomy, and it was really tough in the beginning, but he eventually came around. We are so excited to have her, and so grateful for what she has done for our family. We thought we were complete before, with our two boys...we were both done. We have had to adjust quite a bit, but it is so worth it. AND she is her Daddy's princess...nothing is good enough for her!

Good luck!
mommymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:44 AM   #10
anabellee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden*N*BrettsMama View Post
leave out the pg test with a note that says see what you did?

mama! I'm sure everything will work out fine. this little babe must have a really good reason for being here if he/she was conceived with the Mirena!