Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
Registered Users
How long do you wait? re-take after a negative test if you still don't get AF?

Here's my backstory..I've been on BC since 6 weeks after my DS was born (he turned two in May). We wanted to TTC over the summer so we have another spring baby so I can be off in the summer again with the second one. So I took my last BC pill on May 24th which was the end of the active pills in that pack. No period in May which is not unusual on BC for me. Well flash forward to now and I still haven't seen a period, not even any spotting. I feel like poop though, had a couple days of slight cramping so I thought AF was coming but nothing. Yesterday and today I've been feeling off. I took a test yesterday morning and it was negative. So when would you test again? And if it's still negative at what point would you call the doctor?

busyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How long do you wait?

Maybe 4-7 days?
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:06 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'd already call.
If you didn't get a period after a week of stopping the pill, then something is wrong. It's like your body froze up or something.
A simple blood test can check where your hormones are at, and an u/s can check on what your ovaries might be doing.
Good Luck Mama.
My sister got twins after she stopped the pill to TTC!
Ariana Armando
{M.o3'} {E.o5'} {C.o9'} {S.12'} {D.14'}
.o8 .13
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I was in your shoes. I stopped taking BC on May 5th, and didnt have my period for a MONTH later. Talk about frustrating. My doctor said it was normal and not to worry until its been 3 months of no period before she would start being concerned. I did opk and HPT tests duting that month wait and verified that i did ovulate... i just skipped the period step in between cycles. I would say take HPT every 2-3 days, HCG doubles every day.
FireWife496 is offline   Reply With Quote