Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
GreenSeed
Registered Users
Formerly: knotsbyadrienne

My Mood:
**UPDATE 9/8 AGAIN**WOW BFP!!! And some questions??

To start, I am supposed to be on CD 15 today. Last cycle I had the heaviest af I've ever had. (TMI) Lasting for 7 days and just so heavy. The day before it started, I just had this feeling that I was pg. I tested and even splurged on my box of FRERs and got a BFN. Was sad, got over it, af came the following day. I still had a little nagging feeling though.

Today after breakfast, I noticed sore bbs and suddenly (while doing nothing strenuous) got dizzy and a little short of breath. Just didn't feel well. Wen to the bathroom knowing I would kick myself for using my last FRER, but I did it anyway. This is what I got...

So is this weird or what? This had to have happend last cycle right? I was trying to calculate the EDD, but I'm not sure what to think. I haven't O'd this cycle yet (obviously) so would I be about 6 weeks along then???? I'm SUPER excited but really confused...any words of advice? Should I just call the OB for a blood test?

UPDATE--Yesterday I had some cramping and spotting throughout the day. I called the Dr. on call and he suggested to go today for blood work and an u/s. Had the bloodwork, then the ultrasound, I am 5 weeks 1 day pregnant. Then she needed me to see the Dr. The Dr. told me that there is bleeding around the baby and that this may be either a sign of a miscarriage or could possibly be implantation bleeding. Since yesterday, I haven't really had any symptoms of being pg. At least not as strong as they were thurs-sat. And it seems like for implantation bleeding to me...but I am not the Dr.

I'm so sad. She wants me to go back and have more bloodwork done thurs and I still have to wait for the results from the labs today. I just have this feeling that it is over. I started cramping as soon as I left the office. Then I went and got a big cheeseburger and some fries. I know that God has a plan and I will wait it out to see what is going on. Any prayers my way would be much appreciated.

Update #2--I heard about my labs this evening. My hcg levels are right where they should be, but my progesterone was low. Otherwise everything looks good, so I started Prometrium tonite, 2x a day and then go back Thursday am for more labs. If my hcg levels come out right again, then we should be good. Then another u/s next week just to make sure. I am so greatful to all of you mamas for your thoughts and prayers. I never envisioned myself in this position. Also, I never knew how much those hormone supplements are!!!! We may not have maternity coverage with our insurance, but at least we have good prescription coverage!! WOW!

Sorry for the novel. Got my second hcg levels back today, 2 days after my first. They are 4470, which didn't go up 80% like they wanted, but from what I am reading is totally in the normal for 5 weeks. THe OB Nurse said maybe we've got our dates mixed up....which could very well be possible considering I got the BFP 15 days after what I thought was a period. No more spotting or cramping, all is good. Monday at 11 I have an U/S which dh can go to w/ me, so I'm interested to see if we'll have a heartbeat.

oh just another update and it's not good. i started cramping last night and today started bleeding. i called the dr on call and she just said if it gets unbearable to call her and she can do a d & c if that's what it is. i'm avoiding that, esp since it's so early. the bleeding has slowed a little but cramping is continuous. to top it all off, it was our dd's first bday today and we had a house full of 60 plus people (with lots of family in from another state) ready to party for her bday. it was kind of good to have a distraction though, i must admit. she's already down for the night, totally pooped out so we're going to watch a movie or something together and take advantage of a quiet evening. we'll go in monday still for a u/s and checkup. i'm just feeling a million emotions right now, and the uncertainty is awful.

We had our ultrasound today and they did see the baby and a heartbeat. However, there is bleeding around the baby (a blood clot) that seems to be squeezing in on the sac. The baby doesn't seem to be growing auite as much as it should, but when they measured on the u/s it said 6w 2d which would be right on, but I'm not the Dr. so who knows. They said right now things look grim, but they've also seen pregnancies pull through this issue. About 6 hours after the cramping and spotting started Sat, the cramping subsided and all bleeeding is brown. for the rest of the weekend up until now. They did another hcg test that I should hear about today and then we are to wait and see what happens until the 16th for ANOTHER ultrasound. Also she talked to me about how if we do miscarry it's not my fault, etc. I didn't see my Dr, but the Dr on call, who happens to be who I talked to on Sat, so that was nice and she was comforting. That's where we are right now. Still not able to be excited, still not able to grieve and move on, and still waiting. Your prayers and thoughts are SO SO SO much appreciated.

The saga continues...this crazy bean REALLY wants to stick. My hcg levels are WAY up today from Thursday, right where they should be at 12,131. We are giving thanks and continuing to pray for this little one.

Advertisement

Last edited by GreenSeed; 09-08-2008 at 03:05 PM.
GreenSeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: WOW BFP!!! And some questions??

the same thing happened to me a few cycles ago...i ended up miscarrying...but i didnt have a bfp that dark...i tested all the way up until what i thought was AF...tested during af, even...then on CD 15, took an hpt and it was positive...

i would have yourself checked for ectopic pregnancy, etc...

or just maybe you implanted late and all is well...best to check w/ your doc.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
mbreen616
Registered Users

My Mood:

Call your doc and get an u/s to make sure everything looks alright, esp. since you had all that bleeding.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
mhr1406
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Woah that's a dark BFP!!!! Congratulations!

I would get to the dr just to be checked but it sounds like you either got pg the day af stoppped (which would def be my first guess for you) or the bleeding before may not be from af. I think I would ask for an u/s and /or bloodwork to help you date things and serve as reassurance

Good Luck I hope the dr has some good news for you
Old 08-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
toni520
Registered Users

I believe something like 1 in 8 pregnancies start out as twins and the second baby gets miscarried very very early i pregnancy. It sounds like that is what happened to you. Def. get an appointment as soon as you can to double check everythink is ok Good luck and congrats!
Old 08-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
GreenSeed
Registered Users
Formerly: knotsbyadrienne

My Mood:

Thanks for all of the advice mamas! I did have some early bleeding with my first pregnancy even to the point where they thought it was a threatened mc, but nothing like what happened at the end of last cycle. I actually halfway though that maybe it was an early mc.

I'm going to call my Dr. tomorrow and see when I can get in!
Old 08-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

good luck mama, and congrats on that dark BFP!
Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #8
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni520 View Post
I believe something like 1 in 8 pregnancies start out as twins and the second baby gets miscarried very very early i pregnancy. It sounds like that is what happened to you. Def. get an appointment as soon as you can to double check everythink is ok Good luck and congrats!
That was my first thought--that you were pregnant w/twins and one was lost. -if so.
That's an awesome dark BFP--congrats ,mama!Keep us updated.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #9
Mother Lover
Registered Users
Formerly: Mirandom
seller

My Mood:

I don't think it could have been twins if you tested 2 days before this bleeding?? Not unless it was implantation and one didn't stick???
I O'd with DS on CD 8-9 according to my last OB (the one I had while preggers with him)...I was due 3/1 and had him 2/18...he was 8lbs so I believe him. GL and let us know...that's intriguing to say the least..and look at that bright BFP!! It looks like a highlighter!
Old 08-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #10
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah, i was very confused when i experienced what i did as well...its hard to measure dates...though, i do not think you lost a twin if you tested BFN before the bleeding began...do you typically ovulate early? even if you o'd on CD 8, that would make you about 7dpo...kind of early for a bfp that dark...this more than likely happened before your bleeding episode...

get a beta drawn and keep us posted...and CONGRATULATIONS...since you are not bleeding right now (i was by this point when this happened to me), i would take this as a good sign that you're nice and knocked up and all will be well!