Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Smile Suffering from Baby Fever

My baby is now 2 years old, and I'm having baby fever like crazy. He weaned, turned 2, and started talking alot all at once.

Anyways, I need advice on conceiving. The only AF I've had since he weaned about 5-6 weeks ago was basically cramps & random light pink discharge about 3 weeks ago for about a week (ended about 3 weeks ago exactly). When would be the best time to TTC? When would my next AF be approximately?

Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Suffering from Baby Fever

I have an 2004 baby and an 2006 baby also...and am battling baby fever. However, my 2006 baby is still very attatched and nursing tons still.

Cant really tell you when your next AF would be. If you chart, I would start doing that, if you havent already.

Good luck!
Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Suffering from Baby Fever

LOL! Thanks. I think I might start a chart, since I have no idea when to expect my AF. I was very surprised when DS didn't ask to nurse one night, and it just felt right to not offer. I always let him nurse as much as he wanted, and it killed me to stop. Now my body is recouping I guess, so I guess patience is best. ((SIGH)) LOL!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:47 PM   #4
Mom_of_3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smile Re: Suffering from Baby Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelgurl137 View Post
My baby is now 2 years old, and I'm having baby fever like crazy. He weaned, turned 2, and started talking alot all at once.

Anyways, I need advice on conceiving. The only AF I've had since he weaned about 5-6 weeks ago was basically cramps & random light pink discharge about 3 weeks ago for about a week (ended about 3 weeks ago exactly). When would be the best time to TTC? When would my next AF be approximately?
Hi Julia:
My ds is 20 months and still nursing as he desires. I have noticed that the past month he has weaned himself a bit and only asks to nurse maybe 1 or 2 times a day if that.
As far as ttc. I highly recommend the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. It is just an amazing guide to your body and will help you know what to look for to get the pregnancy you desire . I have used her methods for 9 years to both achieve and to avoid. I am so well in tune I could almost tell you when I ovulate without charting, almost LOL.

Dh and I had been trying for 9 cycles when I finally threw in the towel and we decided that it was okay to let that dream go. I felt it was nursing ds that was preventing despite my ovulating and charting and us timing everything just right. And I was not going to wean him to get pregnant. My body just was not ready for some reason. And my dh had a vasectomy reversal so I felt maybe just maybe he was no longer producing sperm. I took a step back but still charted but limited with OPK's and with my fertility monitor and now on our 12th cycle we just got our BFP. Sometimes all it takes is time. And definitely knowing when you ovulate is the key which is what makes that book so priceless.
Also babywishes.org has super cheap opk's to help as you chart.
Oh and another great book about natural child spacing which really helps explain so much about why nature might prevent us from conceiving is called Breastfeeding and Natural Child spacing.

Good luck to you!
Melissa, Proud wife, Skylar (6), Summer (4) & Decklin (20 months), with #4 dd: May 11th. homeschooling, SAHM, non vaxing,
Organ donation has touched our lives: www.saveskylarpictures.blogspot.com
Mom_of_3 is offline   Reply With Quote