Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
riandkymommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Getting frustrated with her constant nursing!!!!

My daughter is 13 1/2 months old and I am 9 weeks pregnant (well almost ) and this week it seems like she is CONSTANTLY nursing!! I understand that my supply may drop because I am pregnant, but all she did this morning was nurse and scream!!! I had an awful headache and I don't know what to do for her...I know I still have milk because I can hand express and I am so tired...I need her to sleep through the night, but I refuse to let her cry, I have no major issues with her co-sleeping, we do it a little more than half the night, but she seems to sleep better in our bed when we aren't in it! Would she possibly sleep better in a bed of her own? I would nurse her to sleep there and then leave her?

Ok I know this is more than just a breastfeeding thread, I am starting to feel like I put it in the wrong place, so I am sorry if I did!!! Thanks for reading my ramblings....sorry if they don't make sense!!!

Advertisement

riandkymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
hby
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Getting frustrated with her constant nursing!!!!

Congratulations on your new pregnancy. First I would recommend a book by Hilary Flower called The Adventures of Tandem Nursing. You may not be planning to nurse both of your children at the same time but there is a lot about nursing while pregnant.

Second, remember nursing is a relationship between you and your little one. Is there snacks she can have in the morning, T.V. shows ( I know that sounds horrible but sometimes it helps) Use a timer tell her Mama has a baby in her tummy and it makes me tired and my nursies sore something like that and then say Mama will nurse you for two minutes or whatever you choose and then say when this goes off we will xyz whatever you can. I had to do this because of being so sick and later from risk of pre-term labor. Also, can you bring water to bed or have your spouse sleep in between you and your daughter? That helped a lot having my husband comfort and help our DS when I was pregnant. Talk about that your nursies are going to sleep and when the sun comes up she can nurse again. The thing to remember is the needs she has are valid. So, whether she gets her comfort from the breast or something else the need is still there. Even if you take away nursing she still will have the need it will just need to be replaced with something else. Can you take a nap during the day with her?

I hope you find something that will work for both of you. I am sure it is hard on you and her. Get that book if you can.

Hang in there Mama you can do it.

Take Care,
Hattie
hby is offline   Reply With Quote