Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:20 AM   #1
angelmama1209
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
okay, ladies, i'd like your thoughts...

i've been a bit of a lurker here for the last month. i've never had to really think about this stuff before. with my 2 we just decided we were ready, went off the pill, had some fun, and in 3 mos were preggers. this time has been different. theoretically, af was due wed, but no sign so i tested this morning and still bfn.

my ydd is 10mo, i never went back on bc, but my cycle hasn't been regular since she was born. i'd appreciate if you would look at my dates and give me your thoughts/ advice. i have a tenative o date from this month based solely on ewcm. i've never done any of this before and i wasn't really looking for it but it was pretty obvious. tia!

ydd born- 11/3/07
1st pp af- 4/5/08
af- 5/28/08 (cd 53)
af- 6/25/08 (cd 28)
af- 7/30/08 (cd 35)
o'd- 8/13/08 (?) (cd 14)
bfn today- 8/29/08 (cd 30)

Advertisement

Shanna - married to Joshua (12/9/00), mommy to Princess Hailey (4/27/05), our Sweet Imp Ashlyn (11/3/07), Our Crazy Head Curly Top Alexa :wave2:(6/3/09), Sassy Little Juliet (3/2/12) and new baby Tristan (1/10/14)!
angelmama1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:42 AM   #2
Mom_of_3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smile Re: okay, ladies, i'd like your thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmama1209 View Post
i've been a bit of a lurker here for the last month. i've never had to really think about this stuff before. with my 2 we just decided we were ready, went off the pill, had some fun, and in 3 mos were preggers. this time has been different. theoretically, af was due wed, but no sign so i tested this morning and still bfn.

my ydd is 10mo, i never went back on bc, but my cycle hasn't been regular since she was born. i'd appreciate if you would look at my dates and give me your thoughts/ advice. i have a tenative o date from this month based solely on ewcm. i've never done any of this before and i wasn't really looking for it but it was pretty obvious. tia!

ydd born- 11/3/07
1st pp af- 4/5/08
af- 5/28/08 (cd 53)
af- 6/25/08 (cd 28)
af- 7/30/08 (cd 35)
o'd- 8/13/08 (?) (cd 14)
bfn today- 8/29/08 (cd 30)
Hi Shanna:
It's not unusual for it to take several cycles for your body to get back to normal. Are you also temping. If you can do it, I would add that since CM alone can be tricky to determine on it's on, though it is a good indicator if your fertility is returning by the appearance of EWCM. Though that may happen several cycles until your body does actually ovulate.
Have you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility?
That has been a huge help to me and I've used it for 9 years to achieve and avoid. Another great book is Natural Child Spacing I believe it's called. I don't have that one handy right now. She basically talks about the effect of breastfeeding on fertility (if you are breastfeeding this is a good read).
It took my 12 cycles to conceive while nursing my ds (who is still nursing), despite my having ovulated each cycle.
Good luck to you!
Melissa, Proud wife, Skylar (6), Summer (4) & Decklin (20 months), with #4 dd: May 11th. homeschooling, SAHM, non vaxing,
Organ donation has touched our lives: www.saveskylarpictures.blogspot.com
Mom_of_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:58 AM   #3
angelmama1209
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: okay, ladies, i'd like your thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_of_3 View Post
Hi Shanna:
It's not unusual for it to take several cycles for your body to get back to normal. Are you also temping. If you can do it, I would add that since CM alone can be tricky to determine on it's on, though it is a good indicator if your fertility is returning by the appearance of EWCM. Though that may happen several cycles until your body does actually ovulate.
Have you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility?
That has been a huge help to me and I've used it for 9 years to achieve and avoid. Another great book is Natural Child Spacing I believe it's called. I don't have that one handy right now. She basically talks about the effect of breastfeeding on fertility (if you are breastfeeding this is a good read).
It took my 12 cycles to conceive while nursing my ds (who is still nursing), despite my having ovulated each cycle.
Good luck to you!
i am still bf'ing. i wondered if that had anything to do with it. dh has also started on antidepressants- do those have any effect?
Shanna - married to Joshua (12/9/00), mommy to Princess Hailey (4/27/05), our Sweet Imp Ashlyn (11/3/07), Our Crazy Head Curly Top Alexa :wave2:(6/3/09), Sassy Little Juliet (3/2/12) and new baby Tristan (1/10/14)!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
Mom_of_3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
i am still bf'ing. i wondered if that had anything to do with it. dh has also started on antidepressants- do those have any effect?
Hi Shanna:

I'm not sure on the antidepressants off the top of my head but I can check TCOYF though if you have a medication name. They have a huge list in the book.
Melissa, Proud wife, Skylar (6), Summer (4) & Decklin (20 months), with #4 dd: May 11th. homeschooling, SAHM, non vaxing,
Old 08-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
angelmama1209
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_of_3 View Post
Hi Shanna:

I'm not sure on the antidepressants off the top of my head but I can check TCOYF though if you have a medication name. They have a huge list in the book.
wow, thanks! he's on lexapro.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
Mom_of_3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smile Re: okay, ladies, i'd like your thoughts...

Quote:
wow, thanks! he's on lexapro.
Hi Shanna:
I don't see that one listed but it has Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac etc. so that may be the category it would fall under. However it does not say anything about the man using it only the woman. However when I did a google search on effects of antidepressants on sperm it said that it can lower counts to near zero in some of the studies. Possibly your dh may want to have a Sperm analysis done now and maybe every 3 months or 6 months depending on what the first one comes back at. Better to be safe than sorry and I'm sure he'd prefer to stay on his medication than go without.

Oh and the book I was talking about about the Breastfeeding is called Breastfeeding and Natural Child Spacing by Sheila Kippley.

Hope that helps some.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:48 AM   #7
angelmama1209
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks, melissa. we'll do some research. anyone else? i know you ladies have some ideas.