Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #11
merandus
www.hyenacart.com/mainstreet
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP! Why are they doing this?!?!?!

i know you may not want to start them on solids yet, and i didnt want to either. but at a little over 2 months i started my son ( cause he wouldnt stop crying) and it helped alot. i didnt put it in the bottle though. i was breastfeeding and didnt want to confuse him. so i made it really runny with my milk and spoon fed him. did this with my daughter too. it helped. even if they just get a tablespoon of cereal, it will help. theyre growing babies!!lol..
good luck. i did the vibrating seat, didnt work. but i had the vibrating attachment for in the crib ( makes the mattress vibrate) and that helped alot too.
but i dont have twins either..so im really no help. maybe theyre mad that someone else looks like them? identity problems already!lol! heeehheee. kidding!! good luck

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #12
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

are they teething?? my ds#1 cut 4 teeth by the time he was 4 m.o. but, he was also just a crabby, cranky baby who didn't take a nap longer than 30 minutes until he was 9 m.o. i used to give him a homeopathic remedy for agitated babies. it's called chamomilla...it usually worked for us...usually calmed him instantly.

ETA: i buy all my remedies from www.1800homeopathy.com
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:42 PM   #13
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by merandus View Post
i know you may not want to start them on solids yet, and i didnt want to either. but at a little over 2 months i started my son ( cause he wouldnt stop crying) and it helped alot. i didnt put it in the bottle though. i was breastfeeding and didnt want to confuse him. so i made it really runny with my milk and spoon fed him. did this with my daughter too. it helped. even if they just get a tablespoon of cereal, it will help. theyre growing babies!!lol..
good luck. i did the vibrating seat, didnt work. but i had the vibrating attachment for in the crib ( makes the mattress vibrate) and that helped alot too.
but i dont have twins either..so im really no help. maybe theyre mad that someone else looks like them? identity problems already!lol! heeehheee. kidding!! good luck
At 2 months old, most infants are in no way ready for solids of any sorts. It can cause all kinds of digestive issues. Please think before suggesting this to other parents.
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:50 PM   #14
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

rice cereal has no nutrition value, at all, so giving rice cereal will do no good to help them "grow", it will just fill their tummies,thus reducing the actual NUTRITION they get because they will feel full...

my son strted teething at 2 months... i wold be willing to bet they are teething big time.. try warm baths, anything to calm them down, and nurse as much as you can!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #15
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i never thought about teething! my dds both got their teeth really late (like DD2 had 4 teeth at 18 months) so it never crossed my mind...i trid the burping longer thing today but that didn't work...they did their 2-3 huge burps and would not burp anymore no matter what. i have some natural tetthing tablets - are those okay to give them? thanks for all the advice mamas!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #16
mom2kate
Registered Users
seller

They're about 2mo adjusted age, right?
Has this been going on since birth, or dud it just start within the last couple weeks?
Have you read The Happiest Baby on the Block?
(Swaddling, white noise, etc)

I second the recs for Chamomilla (homeopathic remedy)
mom2kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #17
SlumberMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This isn't quite what you are asking about, but I see you mentioned that you have a really fast let-down. Try pumping a little before you nurse to take care of the excess milk, that way they won't be gulping as much when they latch on. I had a very fast let-down with DD and it made her VERY cranky! Pumping some of it before nursing helped a lot

to you!
Yes, I take PP
SlumberMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #18
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2kate View Post
They're about 2mo adjusted age, right?
Has this been going on since birth, or dud it just start within the last couple weeks?
Have you read The Happiest Baby on the Block?
(Swaddling, white noise, etc)

I second the recs for Chamomilla (homeopathic remedy)
it just started within the last month or so...i have not read that book...i have heard of it but don't know what it is.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:37 PM   #19
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumberMomma View Post
This isn't quite what you are asking about, but I see you mentioned that you have a really fast let-down. Try pumping a little before you nurse to take care of the excess milk, that way they won't be gulping as much when they latch on. I had a very fast let-down with DD and it made her VERY cranky! Pumping some of it before nursing helped a lot

to you!
that is very helpful mama...i will try that too!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #20
merandus
www.hyenacart.com/mainstreet
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2cody View Post
At 2 months old, most infants are in no way ready for solids of any sorts. It can cause all kinds of digestive issues. Please think before suggesting this to other parents.

i dont think the suggestion was that bad! my pediatrician suggested this to me! i was just trying to tell what worked for me. and honestly, my babies didnt have a problem with it at all.
just trying to help, just wanted to say what worked for me. it might not work for everyone, but it did for me