Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #21
mamacake
Registered Users
seller

Re: HELP! Why are they doing this?!?!?!

Also mama are you feeding one on one breast and one on the other? Are they getting the foremilk AND the hind milk when you feed?- if there is an imbalance this can cause tummy upset, greenish stools and can keep them hungry because the hind milk has all the fat...

Advertisement

mamacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #22
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacake View Post
Also mama are you feeding one on one breast and one on the other? Are they getting the foremilk AND the hind milk when you feed?- if there is an imbalance this can cause tummy upset, greenish stools and can keep them hungry because the hind milk has all the fat...
i generally feed something like this...morning feeding - ryder on left breast, cannon on right breast, next feeding ryder on right breast, cannon on left breast, etc. i try to alternate like that because my left breast tends to produce slightly less than the right and this way i think they are getting about the same amount during the day kwim? no green poo but could that still be it?
Old 08-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #23
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by merandus View Post
i dont think the suggestion was that bad! my pediatrician suggested this to me! i was just trying to tell what worked for me. and honestly, my babies didnt have a problem with it at all.
just trying to help, just wanted to say what worked for me. it might not work for everyone, but it did for me
no hard feelings mama - i know you meant no harm
Old 08-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #24
mamacake
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryvaeh View Post
that is very helpful mama...i will try that too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryvaeh View Post
i generally feed something like this...morning feeding - ryder on left breast, cannon on right breast, next feeding ryder on right breast, cannon on left breast, etc. i try to alternate like that because my left breast tends to produce slightly less than the right and this way i think they are getting about the same amount during the day kwim? no green poo but could that still be it?
No- if you're doing that it sounds like they are getting the fat filled stuff- here's more on it--
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/fo...-hindmilk.html

Hope you can figure out what it is- or that it just goes away!- keep us updated mama--
mamacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:06 PM   #25
Cmeyer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Do they sleep on an incline? I know that made a world of difference for both my kiddos. I have a crib wedge in the crib, and when he naps, he's in the swing, or the vibrating chair.

And i want to second that book, happiest baby on the block, i wish i had read that before my DD, but i hadn't heard of it till after. Such great advice in there.

I hope you find something that works.
ZoŽ Nevaeh born April 21st/10 my Breech VBAC
Cmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #26
lisadesigner
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hello! I have twin boys as well, and I remember 4 months. They also went through a crying spell. Mind if I ask a few Qs? They wake at 8 or 9, but what time do they go to bed? How often do they eat? How many naps? Do you think they may be going through a growth spurt? How long have the crying spells been going on? And they have stinky gas, but no abnormal poo? TMI

BTW, my boys started teething at 4 mo. I used Hyland's teething gel and teething tablets. Just be carefule when you use the teething tablets because they don't dissolve intantly

I'll rack my brain on what it was for us and the crying, oh, the crying!!!
You don't need LUCK, just Swagbucks! Your everyday searches turn into FREE giftcards! Sign up HERE! <--- My blog- trying to keep up! Wife & friend to handsome hubby Jason, Mommy to Noah & Levi & our new baby girl, Zoie
lisadesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #27
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadesigner View Post
Hello! I have twin boys as well, and I remember 4 months. They also went through a crying spell. Mind if I ask a few Qs? They wake at 8 or 9, but what time do they go to bed? How often do they eat? How many naps? Do you think they may be going through a growth spurt? How long have the crying spells been going on? And they have stinky gas, but no abnormal poo? TMI

BTW, my boys started teething at 4 mo. I used Hyland's teething gel and teething tablets. Just be carefule when you use the teething tablets because they don't dissolve intantly

I'll rack my brain on what it was for us and the crying, oh, the crying!!!
another twin mommy

to answer your q's

1. they go to bed about 9-9:30...i put the older kids to bed and then feed these guys and put them to bed
2. they eat during the day about every 2, maybe 3 hours, at night they go from 9 till about 2 and then again at 6ish and then when they wake up at 8-9
3. growth spurt crossed my mind but they don't seem hungry and often if i offer the breast they don't want it and will gag or whatever while crying
4. crying spells have been about 3 weeks and have gotten progressively worse since
5. they have REALLY stinky gas (people always tell me they pooped but the smell is much different to me who smells it all day lol )

i have some hyland teething tablets - i will try them as long as they are safe.

thanks mama - any advice you have is appreciated!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #28
lisadesigner
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hello! How's it going?? Sorry for the delay...I was trying to think of what it was that was causing our lo's to cry- and really it was just Noah. This is my theory:
Noah was BF from day one and 90% of the time. Levi was BF from day 1 but had latching problems for a LONG time. They were both actually tongue-tied, but we had that resolved. Anyway- I think Noah became an efficient eater, in that as soon as he was placed at the breast, he wanted to eat. I wasn't producing much milk, and I think he got frustrated at that.

I think you mentioned your let down is delayed, but then very forceful once it happens. Have you tried to pump first like a pp siad? If not, I would try that and see. I also had the same issue you did with one side producing more than the other...made me a little lop-sided too!
You don't need LUCK, just Swagbucks! Your everyday searches turn into FREE giftcards! Sign up HERE! <--- My blog- trying to keep up! Wife & friend to handsome hubby Jason, Mommy to Noah & Levi & our new baby girl, Zoie
Old 09-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #29
lisadesigner
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was also going to mention their schedule looks good- As for the stinky gas, it could be their systems are devloping more? And the teething could definitely be an issue. Try the teething tablets or gel about 10-15 minutes before they eat to see if that helps. Mine were DEFINITELY teething at that age. Check for excessive

By the way, I absolutely love their names!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:49 PM   #30
Quagga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd cried like that when I tried to wean her off her meds for reflux. (needless to say she is still on the meds!) Could be reflux. I couldn't lay her down at all. She always was on an incline for the first 5 months! I had to stop eating things that made it worse (reflux and colic) such as chocolate, caffine, tomatoes, onions, peppers, any meat with spices added, ect. She is still very sensitive but doesn't cry ALL the time