Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Feeling Drained

Literally and figuratively.

DD is in her 3 month growth spurt *and* is trying really hard to roll over so she is eating like mad. Sometimes every 45 mins during the day and at least every 2 hours at night. With that and a 2 year old I am running on empty. Plus my classes start next week so I will have that added tired in there.

I didn't truly realize how much she was really eating until I realized how very very hungry I have been getting and how badly I have been craving water.

I keep trying to tell myself it will pass soon but it is so hard right now!

The nice thing is that I made it to 3 months without really even thinking of it as a "goal". With DS I made it to 3 weeks, then 6 weeks, then 3, 6 and 12 months and he weaned at 14 months...this time around its just part of life...there is no "goal" per se....

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
reesesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling Drained

I am w/ you. My LO is in a 8 month growth spurt, crawling like mad and pulling up everywhere AND got a 5th tooth.

I am pooped.

Working Mama, trying to stay on cloth FT
reesesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #3
empress_embellishments
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling Drained

My 18mo old just had a growth spurt....he only nurses 3-4 times in a 24hr period....I didn't recognize it as a growth spurt at first, just couldn't figure out why he suddenly wanted to nurse more frequently. LOL.

Try to rest mama, make sure you are getting all of your vitamins, get lots of fluids. I find when I am feeling so drained that sometimes 1-2 ounces of 100% juice (no sugar added) added to a full glass of water is more satisfying to me than just plain water....and in the past when I have felt really really drained, almost dehydrated feeling I drink a glass or 2 of powerade or gatorade and it has really really helped me. Maybe I needed the electolytes in addition to the fluids. I've also found that making sure I get extra lean protein in my diet as well as complex carbohydrates (as opposed to simple carbs) during those times has been very helpful to me.

Hang in there and keep up the good work!