Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2006, 07:09 AM   #11
MommaBelt
waiting on response to fsot issue 4/11

Re: Humidifers in baby/children's room

is there a differnce between a vaporizor and a humidifier? I know the vaporizor is the like the vicks ones, but I have only seen large and expensive actual humidifiers.. just wondering what each one was specified for. Its REALLY dry in my house and we all wake up dry mouthed.. ACK!

Advertisement

MommaBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:11 PM   #12
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The vaporizors are for emitting menthol stuff into the air I think. I had a Vicks Vaporizor as a shower gift for DS and thats all it did, you had to use that oil stuff mine coudlnt be used with out it or it would do something funky and actually spray water.
The Humidifier that I have can be used as both. You can use it as a regular or with the menthol oil.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:52 PM   #13
DiapeyMom
Registered Users
seller

We just purchased cool mist humidifier about a month ago for dd. We had the vick's vaporizer kind before, but it can burn a child if they touch the steam at the top of the unit. Dd is 2.5 and she gets out of bed on her own regularly. We bought a Hello Kitty one at Target for $30, but they also had a plain one made by Vick's for $20. We only put it on at night and change the water every other day.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:01 PM   #14
jurassicsap
Registered Users
seller

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0008GPM5E

Love it! Super quiet, can make a wide range of "humid" in the room (a little or a lot). I've had at least 2 others, including a warm mist one and I like this one best.

Amber
jurassicsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 05:16 AM   #15
asandwick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMegan View Post
We have a few-- partly for the kids (DS has really sensitive lungs) and for our guitars LOL-- in the winter our place gets awful dry.

The bedroom has one that's shaped as a frog LOL, and a penguin in the livingroom. They're both quiet and nice-- but have to be on a completely level surface. We have a cheapo loud one in the office with the guitars.
These are the ones I have, 1 Penguin and 1 Elephant from Target! They are very quite and you can adjust the airflow. They are cool mist and both kids HAVE to have them on in the winter bc of the dry air!
But pp is right they have to be completely level!
I do change the water every day and clean well w/ vinegar 1-2x's a week.
I had a Warm Mist vaporizor ~ But I got a very bad steam burn from it, I switched to cool mist for saftey reasons!
asandwick is offline   Reply With Quote