Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2008, 10:45 AM   #11
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: To vaccinate or not?? great articles over dangers of non vaccinations!!

Maybe, just maybe, the vaccines are to blame for all of this. After all the diseases were on a decline well BEFORE they were ever invented. Maybe if they never were invented people would catch the diseases afterall, gain lifelong immunity and never get it again. Rather than get vaccinated as an infant, lose immunity by the time they're young adults, living in cramped college dorms or small houses with many room mates where disease of any kind is spread more easily and the complications of those childhood diseases are worse. Maybe, if people would vaccinate less these childhood diseases would be easier to catch while they are in their childhood. Instead it's harder and harder to find because so many people vaccinate against normal childhood diseases (ask your grandmother if everybody thought measles or mumps was a big deal). So now instead of getting these diseases in childhood when it's less severe and the risk is less, they are going into adulthood with no or limited immunity because (general) you vaccinate. So maybe it's your child is putting mine at risk.

Advertisement

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:46 AM   #12
browneyedgrl2411
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

"Scientists worry that vaccine resisters increasingly are breaching "herd immunity," the necessary level of protection that keeps disease from spreading. When enough people in a community are immune to a disease, they provide a buffer that keeps germs from infecting those too vulnerable for vaccination, or those for whom a vaccine doesn't work or wears off. "
Yes but the other half were vaccinated. per calebesMome Sorry I do not know how to highlight the phrases lol.
I do not see where a equal amount of vaccinated people caught it. I see that it says

In the first seven months of this year, 131 cases of measles were reported to the CDC, compared to 42 cases in all of last year. Of that total, 112 were unvaccinated or had unknown vaccination status, the CDC said. Some were too young for vaccination, but in 63 of those cases the patient or their parents had refused the shot.
Does that mean that half were vaccinated? No. I have never put much though into this as I do vaccinate. i just do 2 at a time. i found it very eye opening and though it could help others to make a decision on wether they choose to vax or not. I send my 4 year old off to pre-k and i would like to know that my Lo could bring home these diseases from children at school who are not vaccinated and are open to these diseases. This allows my school children to "carry" these to children who is not old enough to be vaccinated yet. Or elderly grandparents who are not protected. Anyway my point was not to be disagreeable but to share a article that I thought was very informing.
browneyedgrl2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:50 AM   #13
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
In the first seven months of this year, 131 cases of measles were reported to the CDC, compared to 42 cases in all of last year.
You do know that there were 130,000 reported incidents of MMR vaccine reactions, right? And that it's estimated only 10% of reactions are ever reported. And that measles is generally a non-serious disease.

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.

Last edited by Kanga; 08-31-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:01 AM   #14
Elena"s Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
You do know that there were 130,000 reported incidents of MMR vaccine reactions, right? And that it's estimated only 10% of reactions are ever reported. And that measles is generally a non-serious disease.
Elena"s Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:17 AM   #15
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgrl2411 View Post
In the first seven months of this year, 131 cases of measles were reported to the CDC, compared to 42 cases in all of last year. Of that total, 112 were unvaccinated or had unknown vaccination status, the CDC said. Some were too young for vaccination, but in 63 of those cases the patient or their parents had refused the shot.
So, only 63 of the cases (48%) were children whose parents who had refused the vax. An additional 37% of cases had an unknown vax status or were too young for the shot. And FTR, measles immunity wanes as one ages, hence the need for a booster, so these could be adults whose immunity has waned. So, 15% of the cases happened in fully vaxed people. Kind of makes you wonder just how effective the vax really is, huh?
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:01 PM   #16
browneyedgrl2411
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That makes them almost 6X more effective than not and that is ALOT. I am aware of the 130, 000 incidents and am aware that most of those were not serious effects as well. I know there are serious side effects for some but there can be serious effects from these diseases too. the measles and chicken pox can have very dire effects in some people. esp babies and elderly people, wich is why they try to eradicate it all together. in the end I guess what is right is what is right for you. whatever you need to do to protect your child. have a nice day everyone!
browneyedgrl2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:08 PM   #17
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*shrug* Outbreak is such a scare tactic word. Diseases rise and fall over time, it's natural. "Outbreaks" would still happen if every single person on the planet were vaccinated.

I don't mind hearing both sides at all, but everything pro-current-vaccine-schedule is just ridiculous. It doesn't even make sense. Some vaccines, in some cases, can be beneficial. The current schedule is dangerous beyond all common sense. I prevent diseases by trying to keep my son as healthy as possible, not by shoving all sorts of dangerous toxins into him.

ETA: And honestly, I don't give a rats patoot about other people. That might make me horrible, but I will never EVER compromise my son's health for the benefit of the community. Not that I believe that happens anyways... in a vaccinated child, they are far more likely to be carriers. You see nothing, so you take them out and they spread the disease like wildfire. In an unvaccinated child, their symptoms show, you know they are sick, so you keep them home. Not always, it can happen visa versa, but it's not as likely. I think only 1, maybe 2 vaccines actually prevent transmission. Past that, the government has just turned everyone into little carrier monkeys.

Last edited by JustAugust; 08-31-2008 at 01:19 PM.
JustAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:12 PM   #18
mindycat72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Herd immunity is a theory.
mindycat72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:21 PM   #19
lirpasirhc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i was watching "leave it to beaver" on Netflix the other night. i can't remember which episode, but a side character caught the measles and they were making jokes about it. measles was considered such a mild disease that it was the subject of jokes on a sitcom!

my parents and grandparents all had measles, mumps, rubella, CP, and pertussis and they don't remember any of their friends dying from any of those diseases. they just considered the diseases an annoyance. when my mom talks about why she vaccinated me, she says it was because it would be nice if i just got a shot and then didn't have to be sick for a couple of weeks. she vaccinated me for convenience, not because she was afraid of the diseases.

i know one person who had to be hospitalized from the measles and he caught it when he was 20 years old, so he was w/i the age range where there are more complications. out of all my childhood friends, i know one person who had to be hospitalized from the chicken pox. both of these friends made a full recovery.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:08 PM   #20
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirpasirhc View Post
i was watching "leave it to beaver" on Netflix the other night. i can't remember which episode, but a side character caught the measles and they were making jokes about it. measles was considered such a mild disease that it was the subject of jokes on a sitcom!
I saw that one recently too!