Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 03:06 PM   #21
Meg678
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kitchen
Posts: 1,111
Re: To vaccinate or not?? great articles over dangers of non vaccinations!!

**rolls eyes** I hate reading anything when the proper research isn't done and/or the truth is warped. I believe in selective vaxing (and delaying vaxing), but those articles are so flimsy.

Advertisement

__________________
Wifey to DH 4-1-05, SAH Homeschooling mom to DD 9-30-05, DS 11-30-06~4-10-08, DS2 12-18-08, DD2 : 3-14-10, and DS3 born all natural 4-1-13!

Last edited by Meg678; 08-31-2008 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Spelling....urg.
Meg678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:26 PM   #22
Kanga's Avatar
Kanga
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,434
My Mood:
Re: To vaccinate or not?? great articles over dangers of non vaccinations!!

Hmm, 131 of generally not so serious cases of measles or 1.3 million generally not so serious cases of vaccine reactions only to chance it again in another 10 years for a booster because your immunity waned. And another 10 years after that, etc. Lets sure hope that vax worked and you don't also end up with the measles too in an 'outbreak' from all of this delaying of the measles. Not to mention there has never been a TRUE long term study (meaning years and years) done on the current vaccination study. I'll take my chances with a rash and a fever.
__________________
SAHM to D 10.05 , C 3.07, O 12.11 and EDD 10/2013

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:15 PM   #23
shanree's Avatar
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Titus, AL (outside Montgomery)
Posts: 2,371
My Mood:
Re: To vaccinate or not?? great articles over dangers of non vaccinations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgrl2411 View Post
That makes them almost 6X more effective than not and that is ALOT. I am aware of the 130, 000 incidents and am aware that most of those were not serious effects as well. I know there are serious side effects for some but there can be serious effects from these diseases too. the measles and chicken pox can have very dire effects in some people. esp babies and elderly people, wich is why they try to eradicate it all together. in the end I guess what is right is what is right for you. whatever you need to do to protect your child. have a nice day everyone!
as you point out... elderly people can be more severely affected by chicken pox. THAT IS WHY THE VACCINE FOR IT IS SUCH A DUMB IDEA!!! The vaccine is only good for a few years and you must continue to get boosters. Really and truly How many adults do you know that are up to date on all their boosters??? If you get CP as a child you have life-long immunity... noo need to worry about a booster!
Now all these children are getting CP vaccines and not getting the life-long immunity that we all got as kids. At some point these kids are going to be elderly people who have never had CP and their shots will have long worn off THEN if they are ever exposed it can be DEADLY!!!

And as far as those 130,000 incidents... you say most were not severe!!! Would it matter how many were severe if it was YOUR child who had a life-altering reaction to it. There have been more severe, life-altering, and fatal reactions to the MMR in the past year that there have been severe or fatal reactions from those who actually contracted one of the diseases (even with this HUGE outbreak and all [sarcasm])

Please understand that no matter what the hyped up media prints... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HERD IMMUNITY. There are way way way too many adults in this nation who are not up to date on boosters or have never been vaxed at all with all of these new things they keep coming up with so they either have never had immunity to many of these things and/or they have no immunity now due to their old vaxes having worn off over the years!

Your child comes in contact with more ADULTS on a daily basis that put them "at risk" than unvaxed kids!


ETA: you mentioned BABIES being at risk.... a baby being around a person who was recently vaxed with MMR or a FLU shot is at risk of catching it FROM THE PERSON WHO WAS JUST VAXED! The disease "sheds" off of the vaxed person in their feces and bodily fluids "VIRAL SHEDDING." So going to get your toddler vaxed with MMR when you have a baby under 12 months at home is putting that baby "at risk"
__________________
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!

Last edited by shanree; 08-31-2008 at 11:26 PM.
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:01 AM   #24
HadassahSukkot's Avatar
HadassahSukkot
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 11,633
My Mood:
Re: To vaccinate or not?? great articles over dangers of non vaccinations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydiamom View Post
So you are saying that unvaccinated children caused the epidemic, which caused an equal amount of vaccinated people to catch the disease? All those people's vaccines were ineffective? That doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the vaccine if an equal amount of vaccinated people can get the disease as the unvaccinated people.

In a lot of these statistics they say that most of the people who contract the disease are people who are not vaccinated or whose status is unknown. What they don't say is that 90% of these "unvaccinated" people are adults whose immunity has worn off or who don't have records of their immunity, NOT children whose parents have decided not to vaccinate them. These articles present statistics in a misleading manner.

Ditto! Thank you.
__________________


HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:20 AM   #25
AnnaG01's Avatar
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,563
Re: To vaccinate or not?? great articles over dangers of non vaccinations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
Hmm, 131 of generally not so serious cases of measles or 1.3 million generally not so serious cases of vaccine reactions only to chance it again in another 10 years for a booster because your immunity waned. And another 10 years after that, etc. Lets sure hope that vax worked and you don't also end up with the measles too in an 'outbreak' from all of this delaying of the measles. Not to mention there has never been a TRUE long term study (meaning years and years) done on the current vaccination study. I'll take my chances with a rash and a fever.

Ditto to that!

The media makes it look like unvaxed kids get those diseases on accident...well I am a non vaxing mommy here and I am here to tell you that we WANT our children to get these childhood diseases, so it isn't a big accident that we were trying to avoid. We like lifelong immunity that starts as a child to protect them for the rest of their lives
__________________
Anna (26) wife to Kevin (29) ~very conservative, Jesus loving,
breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing,
extended rear facing, no-circ, no-vax, no-fluoride, proud SAHM/photographer mommy to
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:20 AM   #26
browneyedgrl2411's Avatar
browneyedgrl2411
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,249
My Mood:
Re: To vaccinate or not?? great articles over dangers of non vaccinations!!

hay there bandwagon jumpers, first of all, there is more than the MMR shot that we are talking about here. it just happens to be the easiest for you to feel right about so that is the 1 you keep going back to. what about the ones that protect you from menningitits that kills people? oh maybe you should get it and build some immunity right ( sarcasm) haha. As I have stated a time or 2 in here it is a personal choice what you do i just though someone else could benefit from this but you are so eager to be rude and feel superior that you had to jump right in and be mean.Were you having a bad day and do you feel better now? As for how many adults get boosters, mine will because it will be diff time for them. we had Chppx so do not need a booster.They did not so they will get them, smart ones will anyway. FTR, my cousin had Chp as a child a is deaf now and almost died. so generally mild does not mean always. viral sheddding????? how about you post a legit link and i will read it? I care about all of the kids who have reactions to the shots, I care about others kids in general wich was why I posted this at all.You can keep your thou art superior attitudes and i assume with those attitudes you must be bored. this is to the post near the end. get a life rather than getting sooo worked up and trying to twist a conversation. I think i will delete my subscription to this because this is just childish. I think I will just go on entirely. never seen people get so worked up over a article link lol. hit a nerve??

Last edited by browneyedgrl2411; 09-01-2008 at 06:41 AM. Reason: sp
browneyedgrl2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:58 AM   #27
lirpasirhc
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The beach
Posts: 805
My Mood:
Re: To vaccinate or not?? great articles over dangers of non vaccinations!!

the problem with the HiB vaccine is that it increases the chances of catching other serious infections/meningitis, possibly resulting in more infections than it prevents. check out this study... there are many published studies which should the same pattern.

Pneumococcal has the same problem. Clinical studies show that infections targeted by the vaccine decreased but overall infections increased. the replacement infections were not only more frequent, they were more serious in nature and difficult to treat with antibiotics. if you get on medscapre or pubmed (or ebscohost if you have a college library pass) you will find many more articles that found the same thing.
__________________
My babe eats when she's hungry.
lirpasirhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:11 AM   #28
lirpasirhc
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The beach
Posts: 805
My Mood:
Re: To vaccinate or not?? great articles over dangers of non vaccinations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgrl2411 View Post
you are so eager to be rude and feel superior that you had to jump right in and be mean.Were you having a bad day and do you feel better now? As for how many adults get boosters, mine will because it will be diff time for them. we had Chppx so do not need a booster.They did not so they will get them, smart ones will anyway. FTR, my cousin had Chp as a child a is deaf now and almost died. so generally mild does not mean always. viral sheddding????? how about you post a legit link and i will read it? I care about all of the kids who have reactions to the shots, I care about others kids in general wich was why I posted this at all.You can keep your thou art superior attitudes and i assume with those attitudes you must be bored. this is to the post near the end. get a life rather than getting sooo worked up and trying to twist a conversation. I think i will delete my subscription to this because this is just childish. I think I will just go on entirely. never seen people get so worked up over a article link lol. hit a nerve??
i'm really sorry that we seemed cavalier or arrogant. i think that we are all tired of the media and the CDC recommending vaccinations that have real risks and downsides proven in published, peer-reviewed, medical journals without discussing the risks. also, as a pp said, there have been no long-term studies on most of the vaccines.

very few studies have been done comparing vaccinated and unvaccinated children. this study following over 17,000 children in CA and OR did find that those vaccinated were at increased risk of developing allergies, asthma, autism, and other neurological disorders. this is one of the very few vaccine studies that followed the CDC guidelines for completing valid medical research. most vaccine studies do not use a true placebo group (saline injection) and those that do (i.e., gardasil) choose not to release the statistics from the placebo group.

regarding shedding... here is a pretty good article with footnotes to medical literature about all of the vaccines that are known to shed.
__________________
My babe eats when she's hungry.
lirpasirhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:33 AM   #29
haydn'smommy's Avatar
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,262
My Mood:
Re: To vaccinate or not?? great articles over dangers of non vaccinations!!

Regarding viral shedding
"vaccine recipients should attempt to avoid, whenever possible, close association with
susceptible high-risk individuals for up to six weeks. In circumstances where contact with high-risk
individuals is unavoidable, the potential risk of transmission of vaccine virus should be weighed against the
risk of acquiring and transmitting natural varicella virus."
That is a direct quote from Merck's prescribing information that can be found on their website. Still think we are making stuff up?
Honey, I'm a PNP. I know the medical issues here. Heck, I give these vaccines to my patients who want to receive them. I'm certainly not here to be rude or act holier than thou. You started this thread. If you didn't want comments on it, you maybe shouldn't have started it. Honestly, I think it's wonderful that there's such a diverse group of women here that we can all discuss these topics and assist each other in making well informed decisions. I don't think anyone here has been rude.
__________________
~Jaime~
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #30
lydiamom's Avatar
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,700
My Mood:
Re: To vaccinate or not?? great articles over dangers of non vaccinations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgrl2411 View Post
hay there bandwagon jumpers, first of all, there is more than the MMR shot that we are talking about here. it just happens to be the easiest for you to feel right about so that is the 1 you keep going back to. what about the ones that protect you from menningitits that kills people? oh maybe you should get it and build some immunity right ( sarcasm) haha. As I have stated a time or 2 in here it is a personal choice what you do i just though someone else could benefit from this but you are so eager to be rude and feel superior that you had to jump right in and be mean.Were you having a bad day and do you feel better now? As for how many adults get boosters, mine will because it will be diff time for them. we had Chppx so do not need a booster.They did not so they will get them, smart ones will anyway. FTR, my cousin had Chp as a child a is deaf now and almost died. so generally mild does not mean always. viral sheddding????? how about you post a legit link and i will read it? I care about all of the kids who have reactions to the shots, I care about others kids in general wich was why I posted this at all.You can keep your thou art superior attitudes and i assume with those attitudes you must be bored. this is to the post near the end. get a life rather than getting sooo worked up and trying to twist a conversation. I think i will delete my subscription to this because this is just childish. I think I will just go on entirely. never seen people get so worked up over a article link lol. hit a nerve??
I think this post is out of line. I certainly didn't write my post with the intention of being mean, and I think this has been a very civil debate up until your own post. You posted an article that many of us felt had scewed statistics, and I for one felt it necessary to present another side of the argument. There is so much misinformation out there on a subject that many people here feel passionate about, so you can't fault us for defending our stance when you present an article that, IMO, is filled with misinformation. You had to expect people to comment, so don't overreact when we do.
__________________
Melanie, Wife to Jamie, Doula, and mom to Lydia Vera 7/6/06, Juliet Marin 3/16/08, and Virginia Kay born at home 12/26/09!!

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.