Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #21
Sarah's Supermilk
Registered Users
seller

Re: If I hear one more time....

All 3 of my lo's were different. You'll know when yours is ready, when they decide to eat it's obvious! There is no rush, I had to listen to all kinds of bad advice, but that's why we've got this place right? To forget about it!

BTW my dd was the largest of all my babes and she ate the least food until she was well over a year old, where ds1 ate everything and is in the 25th % still. You are doing what's right, mama!

Advertisement

Old 09-21-2008, 03:17 PM   #22
poser360
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just started to feed my DD baby food or cereal at least once a day and she is 6 1/2mos old. I was bfing up until 2 weeks ago (teeth are coming in). She has suffered no ill effects, she is 18lbs and still gaining. Her Ped even suggested to wait at her 4mos check up because her weight was so good (16lbs) I wouldnt worry about it until he starts to lose weight or shows serious signs of wanting more food. Go with your instincts Mama, you know whats best for your baby! BTW, i know my older sister waited until her oldest daughter was 9mos to feed her solids. best of luck mama
Old 10-10-2008, 12:08 AM   #23
j_m_adams
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angbaby1 View Post
Ok my LO just turned 5 months and is not showing ANY signs of being ready or wanting solids yet, he's EBF and eats well and he's a good 16 lbs. But MAN if one more person asks me why I haven't started solids yet or what I'm waiting for I may just growl at them! It's ok to EBF him until a year right? I mean if he shows signs that he's ready sure I'll give him some but WHAT IS THE RUSH???

needs some support mamas...
This is why we don't frequent my MILs any more, she used to watch my youngest son and started him on cereal at 4 1/2 mo (even tho I pumped and left plenty of milk and EBF on my days off and he was FINE!) she said he was "hungry" and that it was easier to feed him from a spoon. Good thing he didnt have allergies like my DD. People are rude and "put off" by EBF, it's almost as if they want to jeopardize your efforts.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:32 AM   #24
RenderMeMama
Registered Users
Formerly: Danesmomma
seller

My Mood:

What bothered me was the phrase "when does he "get" to start solids?". Grr! When he decides he is ready? And not a moment before that? Dane was EBF for 6 months but he was READY at 6 months. Don't push your little one. Research has shown that force feeding as a baby can lead to eating and health problems into adulthood. Hit 'em with that and it usually shuts people up.

Looking for a 4.6 or longer woven wrap! PM me!
RenderMeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:50 AM   #25
Kels5kids
Registered Users
Formerly: Kels4kids
seller

My Mood:

I hear ya. My 5mth old does get cereal twice a day but that is it. I hear when are you gonna start the yummy stuff. UMM When he is ready. People here don't understand that even though I have 4kids without allergies my 5mth old already shows signs of allergies and we (me, my dh and my ped.) wants to wait till later. Owynn doesn't seem to be missing out on anything.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #26
Supermilk117
Registered Users

Stick to your guns, Mama!! They're ALL different! I TRIED to stall my LO, but they were grabbing food off my plate at 5 mo and throwing fits because they wanted real food. Then my friends LO didn't want anything until 8 or 9 months. Your baby knows what he needs and when he needs it, and you, his mommy, know how to read his signs!
Supermilk117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #27
Supermilk117
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermilk117 View Post
because they wanted real food.
Sorry, should have said solid food. Breastmilk is the best "real" food there is.
Supermilk117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #28
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

neither of my last two were even interested in table food until well past 9 months. They can shut it...you know whats best for your baby. These are the same people that start shoving rice cereal down their 3 month old's throat...gah.
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:35 AM   #29
chickenmonkeybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angbaby1 View Post
It's all just a trust your gut kind of deal and read the signs isn't it?
YES!
Old 10-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #30
CDlovin'mama
Registered Users

No advice here, just keep doing what you're doing. Watch your baby for signs of readiness-you know him best!
CDlovin'mama is offline   Reply With Quote