Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #111
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Is my avatar too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by napua View Post
The B&W is absolutely perfect!! I would totally get that one printed, matted, and framed!
What she said!!

Its beautiful

Advertisement

Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #112
evaliesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by napua View Post
The B&W is absolutely perfect!! I would totally get that one printed, matted, and framed!
for real you have to frame it. beautiful. i really need to take some nursing pics before it's too late!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:33 PM   #113
breanne_roz
Registered Users
seller

Aw Jenna, that is a beautiful picture Alex looks so little in that pic hehe! I'm so jealous, I have NO nursing pictures with Caden...I just never thought to take them . I think that you should get the black and white done like the ones that Taleasha got at her shower!! Gorgeous pic hun!
breanne_roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #114
JieBaby
Registered Users

My Mood:

That is a very beautiful picture! You definitely should get it framed. I cant decided which one I like...I really like the color one, but the B&W would probably look best on the wall.

I will say I dont get offended by nursing pictures, no matter how much they show, Though I do find myself getting jealous of women that can BF, (not so much anymore though). I pumped exclusively for 8 months for DS, before my milk supply plummeted and had to switch to formula(he has a cleft palate, and cant suck) I was so geared up to BFd and so excited to do it, then when we found out he couldnt I would get angry when my people like my SIL would nurse in front of me, and brag about it in her own way.

It is an absolutely beautiful moment to capture!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:21 AM   #115
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrie Di View Post
oops sorry about that! You couldn't PAY my dh to get on my boobs atm--he says they aren't HIS right now. I keep telling him he couldn't get milk out if he tried.

I don't get this, because we can't control what anyone "gets" out of our pictures. There are plenty of "whackos and perverts" who might get off on hair or feet or hands or noses or whatever. However, not posting pics for privacy reasons makes sense. Although--I'm pretty sure none of us would recognize the OP based on that picture, even if she was topless.
I was strictly speaking of privacy reasons. No we can't control what whackos get off with and it's a shame that whackos anywhere can get off with a cheap thrill, and for privacy reasons I'd personally rather not post it, and I'm on the conservative end of wanting to protect that beauty. (No offense to OP, as I still think it's a beautiful photograph)
Old 09-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #116
swan771
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is a gorgeous picture. Seeing a mama nourish her babe is not offensive in the least.

ETA that I love it when my kids see other women nurse. In this last year my 4 year old has seen his brother nurse, his cousin, and the many babies of friends that have been born, as well as babies in public. It teaches kids it is normal and natural. ODS doesn't even notice a woman nursing anymore. We were at the park last week and a baby was crying, he said "that baby needs some mama milk to make him happy again." That is the generation I want to raise. One where women can feed their babies whenever and wherever they need to, and rather than be shamed or judged, for no one to even notice because it is so normal.

Last edited by swan771; 09-04-2008 at 08:50 AM.
swan771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #117
Karrie Di
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan771 View Post
It is a gorgeous picture. Seeing a mama nourish her babe is not offensive in the least.

ETA that I love it when my kids see other women nurse. In this last year my 4 year old has seen his brother nurse, his cousin, and the many babies of friends that have been born, as well as babies in public. It teaches kids it is normal and natural. ODS doesn't even notice a woman nursing anymore. We were at the park last week and a baby was crying, he said "that baby needs some mama milk to make him happy again." That is the generation I want to raise. One where women can feed their babies whenever and wherever they need to, and rather than be shamed or judged, for no one to even notice because it is so normal.

I showed the pic to my son, and he said "that momma is feeding her baby." He was so matter-of-fact and not at all embarrassed. If our LO cries, he says "she wants some nipple milk, Momma!"
Old 09-04-2008, 10:24 AM   #118
raindrop_333
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks, mamas!! You're really making me think about framing the photo But if my family walked in here and saw that, they'd definitely have something not so nice to say about it!

I don't find it as something to hide because I do see it as the same as a mother feeding her baby a bottle. I do cover up when I nurse the baby in public, however. You never know who you'll offend. Sad, really. That's what breasts were made for!
raindrop_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #119
Shay2633
Registered Users
seller

I think it's beautiful and makes me so sad I wasn't able to nurse
Old 09-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #120
kkrpata
Registered Users

I love the pic! In fact I sawyour avi another post way before I saw this post and I thought "That is a GREAT pic!".