Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
abevans31
Registered Users
seller

Super Fast Adoption Story!!! :-)

It's not so much of a story as it is a miracle. It's hard to put in words, but we will try!

Our plans for adoption started years ago when we were dating. We knew Amanda couldn't have children and that we would adopt to start our family. After we were married, we did a lot of research into adoption and continued to dream of the day the plan would become a reality. After our house was built in December of 2005 and our second anniversary passed in January 2006, we finally contracted with a domestic adoption agency to start the process. We signed our contract on 3 February 2006. The average time for a "match" to be made was between 3-12 months. A match means that a pregnant birthmother chooses you to raise her baby. The average gestation of matched birthmothers was about 20 weeks. We knew that when we were matched we wouldn't have 9 months notice like everyone else...just 4 or 5. Well, not in our case...

On 22 March 2006, we received a phone call about an interested birthmother from PA. We were so excited, you just can't imagine! As the information was relayed over the phone, we found out that the birthmother was a sophomore in high school with plans to finish school and wanted her baby boy to be placed with a family that would provide a good home and lots of love! This was a mature decision for a young lady to make, and we will forever be grateful for her sacrifice. We were also very shocked and extremely excited to find out she was over 8 months pregnant! Her due date was 12 April, exactly three weeks from this day of notification! Wow, we thought...so much to do and so little time! The most amazing part of all was that not only was the birthmother from Brian's home state of PA, but she was from the town on Lebanon, only 5 miles from Cornwall where he grew up. Out of state adoptions require adoptive parents to stay in state for 10-18 days for finalization, and we will be able to stay with Brian's family for that entire process! Also, we found out the birthmother was receiving pre-natal care and planned to deliver at The Good Samaritan Hospital in Lebanon, where all of Brian's sisters had their children! This was definitely a God sized miracle!

Amanda was graduating with her MBA on 24 March and we had a vacation planned to Hawaii from 25 March - 2 April. After much deliberation, we decided to go ahead and take our trip...as it would be the last vacation for at least 18 years without children! Besides, we thought, I'm sure the baby won't be born early...

On our fourth day of vacation on the island of Kauai, we were hiking/driving up the Waimea Canyon when we received a phone call (thank God for cell phones) that our birthmother was in labor! 40 minutes later our Son was born! 4 flights and almost 36 hours later, we arrived in Pennsylvania to meet our little man!

It was a fast journey to what seems like instant parenthood, but we are so blessed to have our precious baby boy!

Advertisement

abevans31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Super Fast Adoption Story!!! :-)

What a great story!!! Are you planning on adopting more children?
Old 09-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #3
connorsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow. what a beautiful story. congrats
Korin mommy to connor 1/11/07 and Addison 11/15/10 due with baby #3 11/10/15
wahm behind Shizz Knitz
connorsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
dmagsam
Registered Users
seller

Wow, that's wonderful! I love to hear others' stories. Our first adoption story isn't over yet and it's great to hear success stories as well as the realities of "instant parenthood."
dmagsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
abevans31
Registered Users
seller

You ask if we are adopting again...

So here is the rest of the story. Our adopted son is now 28 months old. When he was about 8 months old I found out that I WAS PREGNANT!!! Total God sized miracle. I only have one ovary and tube left and they have stage 4 endometriosis scars all over them (and doctors said I'd never conceive). Now we have two boys 16 months apart and every day we thank the Lord for his extreme blessings. We've almost been married 5 years now and didn't even know if we'd have one child by now....

And, yes, we plan on adopting one more to complete our family. We have been planning on adopting a little girl from China, but they red tape is getting bad and they are slowing things down. Now we are focused on South Korea.

God bless!
abevans31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #6
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

wow! that is such a heartwarming story! So many blessings to be thankful for! Congrats!
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #7
mom55
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have 3 sons and one daughter all adopted from South Korea. Good luck in your future adoption plans from South Korea!!!
mom55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #8
Poohb10454
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amazing story! Thanks for sharing
Old 09-02-2008, 07:49 PM   #9
bjaneen
Banned

My Mood:

What an awesome story mama! Thanks for sharing
bjaneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #10
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What a wonderful story mama! What miracles!
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote