Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
mommyof3co
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
American Apparel clothes and also question about etsy

Ok so I saw these on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

I figure for that price it would be good for just around the house and comfy clothes. But also that prices makes me worry if they are any good, is it going to hold up? Does anyone have either of those and do you like them? Any pics of your kids in them?

Then on etsy, my son's first birthday is coming up so I'm looking for some toys on there, who are your favorite sellers and/or what do you have from there they you really like for a 1yr old

Advertisement

Old 09-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
mommyof3co
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: American Apparel clothes and also question about etsy

Anyone?
Old 09-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
uk2usa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There's an american apparel store in NY and I'm never impressed with the quality. I've never bought baby stuff, but the stuff in general looks a little cheap. For a LO, who will only be wearing them for a short time, it's probably worth a try and it is USA made
uk2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
mommyof3co
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm if it's cheaply made I don't know then..I'm really picky about their clothes. I was hoping it would be nice, or decent lol, and comfy for him, but still not be cheap
Old 09-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
gretasmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

We just got a bunch of these lap shirts, and I think they are fine. i am planning on embellishing a few - the quality is similar (IMO) to a Carter's onesie . . . nice than Gerber. I hate the thinness of the Gerber onesies!

Etsy . . .I relaly like Beneath the Rowan Tree . . . fun kids' stuff at good prices. Her shipping takes a while, though. I love her silks.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
mommyof3co
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh ok I love carters stuff so maybe it would be worth it hmmmm lol I have no idea, I just don't want to waste the money lol. My biggest concern is the pants some people loved them and others didn't
Old 09-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #7
Bug-a-boo's mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: American Apparel clothes and also question about etsy

I LOVE AA tees for Killian! IMHO they are excellent quality, very durable, very cute colors. In the past there have been many co-ops for them. Also, a good amount of HC and Etsy Mama's use AA tees for their appliqué tees. Also, go to www.trendyblanks.com , set up an account (it's free) and it will tell you what price you can get AA tops for. Great prices, but I don't know if they are less than Amazon or not. I've never checked out Amazon. IMO, up to size 24 months they run true to size, but when they switch to toddler sizes, they run small. For K I bought 4T when he was wearing a 2T in everything else. But not a big deal. And I am picky about quality, I would never have bought them if they were nice-the first one I got was from a WCW set.

Go crazy and get all kinds of colors!

Old 09-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
chataine
Is This Nirvana?
seller

My Mood:

um i love AA clothes..i think they're better quality than carters or old navy..

retail they are more expensive..that seller on amazon just does them for bulk cost..i ordered ds a ton of these last spring.. i plan on ordering like one in every color here in a week
Old 09-01-2008, 11:00 PM   #9
mommyof3co
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So those karate pants I posted are good too? I think I saw some fleece ones, I'll have to see exactly what their made of but maybe I could use them as covers lol
Old 09-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #10
jebb4
Registered Users

My daughter had 6 pairs of karate pants, long & short sleeve lap tees and they held up wonderfully! They're very soft, wash well and fit nice over cloth dipes! They come in lots of colors and are great basics. We love them! The fact that they're american made and sooooo inexpensive is an added bonus.
I think they run a little small though so I'd size up.