Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2006, 12:30 AM   #11
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can you believe this?

all i can do is at these people...

Advertisement

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:42 AM   #12
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is very shocking that it is a big deal - no matter what "side" you are on. Cosmo (and Maxim, Seventeen, and almost all the other mags) can print whatever they want as long as it doesn't show the nipple - and those are sexual pictures! BFing isn't sexual at all - why do the rules become more strict?!
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:40 AM   #13
sherbear178
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dont get it at all. Bfing is the most natural thing in the world! Breasts are for feeding babies not for sex like some people like to think. It drives me crazy to see people react to a beautiful thing like bfing in such a negative way, how is a mama feeding her baby ****? Argh breastfeeding is the best thing I have ever done. I cant understand how people can think so badly of it.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:03 AM   #14
keikiko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This was RIDICULOUS! I've seen more boob on the cover of fashion mags and men's mags. Heck at least this fab BFing mama didn't have a "come hither" look on while sucking her finger or something! You see those mags and think some of those gals should have a cartoon word blurb that says "If you move this 1 inch square piece of fabric covering my huge implant you know what you'll see?"

I think the mama in that photo should get a major kudos for the pic and for nursing that babe!

I agree there are many, many reasons people FF and that is 100% OK w/me but come on don't bash the BFers! We're all mamas and we all do what's best but you know that lady talking about her teenage son doesn't know he has a Playboy under his mattress. And to anyone who's worried about their hubby would you rather that or the SI swimsuit edition? seriously now folks! I HATE **** but think naked (tasteful) preggo and nursing pics are just the sweetest things ever! I don't know if I'd put my boob on a mag cover now but I know I would if I they didn't have so many stretch marks!

Nursing is simply a beautiful act of caring regardless of where it's done!

How would you feel if you were banned to eating in your car or other private only places?
Old 10-20-2006, 05:40 AM   #15
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I actually got this magazine in the mail a couple months back and my firs thought was that people were going to be mad. Stupid, but true. I even showed DH and he agreed with me. I am not a fan of the magazine, but kudos to them for putting that on their cover. I wish some people would get a grip... and get outraged at something that REALLY matters.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:51 AM   #16
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was so mad when I heard about this when it first came out too, I can't believe these comments were made by MOTHERS! COME ON!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 05:52 AM   #17
asandwick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's really sad that in our culture ~ The most natural, beautiful, loving things in life are called "GROSS & Innapropriate"
I will never understand this ~ so it's not worth getting upset over ~ No one seems to get squimish to see pups nursing on their mama.
I didn't see that pic until this thread and the feeling I got when I did see it was ~ WOW! That's beautiful!!
It's too bad some women don't see the beauty in their own miraculous bodies!
asandwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:48 AM   #18
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post
Amy - Where'd you get that cartoon? I want to put it on my Myspace.
I don't remember where I got it but I can send it to you if you want.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:01 AM   #19
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What's worse is that the most recent edition has all the negative comments in it.

I was a little taken aback initially by the cover, honestly. But not outraged. Kudos to them for trying to make a statement!
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:36 PM   #20
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillers72 View Post
all i can do is at these people...
Exactly.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote