Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #21
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can you believe this?

I dont see anything wrong with the cover at all.

(hiding and ducking on this one) I DO see both sides of it though. I am all for BF and NIP, and I dont get grossed out by seeing it, neither does DH, neither one of us see it as a sexual thing, and those comments are completely stupid, BUT I do have to say that being descreet is key.

While I am all for NIP I do think that being carful not to flash it all is a good thing. NOT saying that anyone should have to cover up or go elsewhere, just be careful.

Thats just me though, I am a conservative person and personally I wouldnt want anyone seeing my nipple.

Imnot agreeing with any of the comments nor am I trying to start a debate, just saying that I can see both sides.

Advertisement

Old 10-20-2006, 01:13 PM   #22
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I talked my dh's ear off about this after getting my babytalk in the mail yesterday.

His point was, he (and he guesses many people who made the comments) have no problem with women breastfeeding, or even doing it in public. Their comments are about women who aren't discreet about it. I thought the Muslim lady who wrote in to babytalk had a great point.

For some people this may be true, but for people to call bfing disgusting?? and these people are mothers?? They must have some sort of issues... I feel sorry for them.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:31 PM   #23
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's called maturity. Obviously some mothers haven't quite gotten there .
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #24
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I think most Mothers try to be discreet about it, but sometimes you're going to see a little skin, maybe a flash of nipple. Who cares? It's part of the body and if people can be mature enough to not look at it sexually then everyone will get along just fine. Nobody bats an eye when a half naked woman is on the cover of Vanity Fair or Cosmo, but when there's a baby attached OH NO! Please. Get over it, people! I think that cover is beautiful and those types of scenes should be out there more. With more exposure (no pun intended) the more comfortable society will become with it.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:17 PM   #25
hobbes
Registered Users
seller

All I have to say is, If you have a problem with NIP, please feel free to put a blanket over your head .
hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #26
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
I think that cover is beautiful and those types of scenes should be out there more. With more exposure (no pun intended) the more comfortable society will become with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
All I have to say is, If you have a problem with NIP, please feel free to put a blanket over your head .

Hahaha, that's funny.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:11 PM   #27
ophelia2002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's amazing to me how breasts being used for their God given, intended purpose can cause such an uproar- yet scantily clad 16 year olds' breasts do not.

Recently, my 6 year old nephew saw my BFing my baby (I was partially covered, as I was still getting her latched properly) and his reaction was "Ewww! Gross!" which pi$$ed me off so much !!! Because already, at age 6, this boy's sense of breasts and their purpose is so warped that his reaction to seeing a baby nursing was "gross". It makes me wonder about how parents teach about body parts- "You smell with your nose. You talk with your mouth. Breasts? Oh, they aren't useful at all."
Old 10-20-2006, 07:24 PM   #28
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophelia2002 View Post
It's amazing to me how breasts being used for their God given, intended purpose can cause such an uproar- yet scantily clad 16 year olds' breasts do not.

Recently, my 6 year old nephew saw my BFing my baby (I was partially covered, as I was still getting her latched properly) and his reaction was "Ewww! Gross!" which pi$$ed me off so much !!! Because already, at age 6, this boy's sense of breasts and their purpose is so warped that his reaction to seeing a baby nursing was "gross". It makes me wonder about how parents teach about body parts- "You smell with your nose. You talk with your mouth. Breasts? Oh, they aren't useful at all."
(ducking) My son did that when he was 2 when a lady in Golden Corral lifted her shirt and began to NIP, BUT in his defense and mine as well, he had never seen it before and he did not know what she was doing until I realized what he was talking about and explained that she was feeding baby. NOW he knows. Now when my cousin bottle feeds her DS he thinks that baby should be eating from her.

I sent that article to DH and he about when through the roof on that one ! You should have seen the things that he said about the ones making the comments. He said that it makes him want to put a fake boob thing on(like in meet the fockers) and protest at every public place he can think of.
He was not too happy about that. Which was kind of funny and cute to see !
Old 10-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #29
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

I have 2 cousins that were breastfed as infants (7 and 9 now) and they saw me breastfeeding and their mother explained that I was feeding them out of my stomach :| She hates when women nurse in public and she nursed 3 months with both of hers and constantly comments on how when SHE nursed she made sure to do it in private. I just don't understand how a mom who nursed herself can think nip is so extremely offensive??
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:40 PM   #30
superMoM2GTO
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is our Federally PROTECTED RIGHT to nurse in public! When I nip I am usually carrying him in my arms and shopping at the same time. I NEVER use a blanket to cover his face. Do any of you (people who disapprove) eat with a blanket over your heads? And yeah, you can see my breast. If he is getting ready to latch and you happen to look you will probably see my nipple too. Do I care? NO Its a BREAST for heaven's sake! No weapons of mass destruction under my shirt. There are REAL issues out there. Like all the men and women dieing in a "war" overseas! And people choose to get their panties in a bunch over this? Go figure.

Last edited by superMoM2GTO; 10-20-2006 at 11:42 PM.
superMoM2GTO is offline   Reply With Quote