Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
BabyCentric
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Terrible 2's

DS just turned 19 mos but I can tell the terrible 2's are already starting. He's started throwing mini tantrums if he doesn't get what he wants right away and smacking things out of my hands. He doesn't behave this way for dh, only me. I just found out I'm pregnant and I honestly don't have the energy for this. I love him to death and I'm trying to fill his love bucket to overflowing before the new baby comes so he feels secure, but he's not being too lovable right now if ya know what I mean...help mamas!

Advertisement

Old 09-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
sistersusannah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Terrible 2's

We are in the same boat mama. One thing that I have found that works really well for us is time out. In one and two minute increments- it works very well. You cannot do it for everything though. We have narrowed down the really bad offences and concentrate on those (hitting, biting, etc.) I have to say, DS responds to this and the behaviours are disappearing. It takes consistancy from both of you and support from everyone- but the end results are awesome! Good luck.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
BabyCentric
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mama! My first baby is a january baby too (1/29/07) and this baby is due May 11th!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
sistersusannah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyCentric View Post
Thanks mama! My first baby is a january baby too (1/29/07) and this baby is due May 11th!
That's spooky! How are you feeling? I swear, I just found out I was pregnant yesterday and already FEEL pregnant- kind-of bloaty and I cannot stop eating. I am thinking that it is all pretty pyscho-psomatic at this point still- but who knows!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
BabyCentric
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just found out yesterday as well and I feel pretty good, although I am super tired, but not exhausted yet. I'm just waiting for the morning sickness and exhaustion to kick in though. It took till about week 6 last time...