Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
monicajoy1979
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DD sick, HELP!

So my DD is almost 11 months old and has never really been sick before. Yesterday it started out as her feeling really warm, but not having a fever, and she was just not herself. She would still play, but she would also just sit on your lap and just cuddle to you, which is completly not her. Then she had a low grade fever, about 99, off and on, but still wasn't whiny or crying, just not her normal all over the place self. And she pretty much slept all day long.

Today she was fine in the morning, then afternoon she started with low grade fever again and is just sitting on me and sleeping a lot off and on. I just took her temp again and it is 100.1 and she is starting to get a little whiny. I really don't want to give her any fever reducer because I know that fever is the body's natural way of fighting off things.

We did go camping this weekend, no one that we were around was sick that I am aware of.

I just hate seeing her so uncomfortable. I won't be taking her into a pedi or anything so is there things I should do here at home, besides just cuddling with her? She has taken the formula and ate today like normal, it seems like it just gets worse as the day goes on. Any ideas?

Advertisement

monicajoy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
jebb4
Registered Users

Re: DD sick, HELP!

sounds like a virus or could she be teething? If she's not acting too uncomfortable I wouldnt medicate either. Keep up the snuggles if that seems to be what comforts her. Hope she feels better soon though!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #3
cedricsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom used to wrap cold towels(wet and really cold) around my thighs and wrappred those in some dry ones and put a blanket over me. The cold is supposd to reduce the fever. And sleep and sweating it out should do the rest.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I may be in the minority here but I do give tylonel/motrin for fevers just because I know how uncomfortable I feel when I have a fever. You know, all achy and everything. Also I don't have research or anything on this but my FIL is a surgeon and says that giving the meds doesn't compromise the body's ability to fight off the infection.

This is just my opinion--do what you feel comfortable with. If my dd is acting happy even with the fever I don't bother, but if she seems uncomfortable I give her medicine.

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just fyi....my oldest ds got roseola when he was about your dd's age. starts w/fever, but no other issues....then a few days later you get a beautiful red rash all over...not itchy or anything, just a rash...and then it's not contagious anymore. not that she has that...just giving information. also...maybe teething or slight ear infection. if it's low grade and she's not really bothered by it, i wouldn't worry too much. cold compresses maybe some homepathic remedies for fever. good luck and i'm sure she'll be just fine.
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #6
monicajoy1979
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn1270 View Post
just fyi....my oldest ds got roseola when he was about your dd's age. starts w/fever, but no other issues....then a few days later you get a beautiful red rash all over...not itchy or anything, just a rash...and then it's not contagious anymore. not that she has that...just giving information. also...maybe teething or slight ear infection. if it's low grade and she's not really bothered by it, i wouldn't worry too much. cold compresses maybe some homepathic remedies for fever. good luck and i'm sure she'll be just fine.
Very interesting. I just looked it up. I will definitely keep an eye on the rash.

She has been sleeping a lot and then waking up and going right back to sleep or crying out then as soon as she sees me she will just close her eyes and go back to sleep. Hopefully she will be feeling better soon. I guess I am just nervous because this is the first time she has been feeling under the weather.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:11 PM   #7
monicajoy1979
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebb4 View Post
sounds like a virus or could she be teething? If she's not acting too uncomfortable I wouldnt medicate either. Keep up the snuggles if that seems to be what comforts her. Hope she feels better soon though!
I don't think she is teething because she isn't whiny like she is normally with teething and she isn't biting on things and droolling. Opps she is crying again...off to take care of her!