Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
Registered Users
toddler nursing question

I have been trying to ween for a while now, my LO is 21 months and I am pregnant so I am ready. Well he has been going to sleep pretty good now with just me laying with him on me sometimes he wakes up at night screaming to nurse and other nights not. He will go like 2 days then want to nurse all night!! I know my milk is either gone or very low and my boobs hurt so bad because they are confused So is it normal for him to go a couple days, then nurse once, then a couple more days, I am hoping this will stop but I am letting him decide.

Elizabeth, mom to Isabela and Tomas and Gabriela is here! 1-22-09

Want to make a real income staying at home? Ask me about ChaCha and how much I have been paid!!PM me for details!
earena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:44 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: toddler nursing question

Btdt twice and feel for you. I did not enjoy nursing while pg. How about if you let him nurse for a bit then say no more. Mine where a bit older so they got one more minute, and then mommy's boobies hurt no more. Or maybe distract him, let him nurse then say you have to go potty. Can dh take over more for the next weeks? If he will already go a few days in between your on the right track I'm sure it won't be much longer
lildevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: toddler nursing question

It is normal for him to go a couple of days and then act like he wants to make up for lost time.

Hang in there

The book Adventures in Tandem Nursing by Hilary Flowers may be helpful for you. It talks about tandem nursing as well as nursing while pg.
Michelle married to Jon 5/30/98 and mama to 2 adorable boys Alex (11-09-00) and Logan (1-04-06) and waiting for our little VR miracle Amelia who is due 7/2/09
mhr1406 is offline   Reply With Quote