Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
Registered Users

My daughter has a horrible case of hives and we're not completely sure what it's from. We think it's most likely our friends' new dog shampoo. Anyhow, she's completely covered (literally) head to toe in hives. We've given her children's zyrtec to block the histamine but it doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone have any natural remedies that can help hives go down? She has no fever, she's not tired, in fact her mood and personality hasn't changed one bit, and the hives don't bother her anymore at all. They used to be itchy but aren't anymore.

I was going to take her in to the ped. but I know they would just tell me to wait it out and maybe giver her some sort of prescription which I don't really want to use for something as mild as hives especially when she's not uncomfortable or in pain. So anything natural you know of?

Wifey to DH 4-1-05, SAH Homeschooling mom to DD 9-30-05, DS 11-30-06~4-10-08, DS2 12-18-08, DD2 : 3-14-10, and DS3 born all natural 4-1-13!
Meg678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Hives

a baking soda paste or an oatmeal bath can help ease the irritation, but other than that you are better off waiting them out, i think. I'd love to hear some other ideas though.
Katie- mother to my 3 beautiful kids and wife to my wonderful husband.
k_tweet99 is offline   Reply With Quote