Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
0351wife
Registered Users

attached to the boob!

my Ds seems like if he isnt on the boob the world is gonna end.........he falls a sleep while eating and as soon i latch him off BAM hes up and wnats the boob again......my ds is almsot 5months old is this just a phase ya think?!?! also he keeps trying to grab food everytime i eat when do yal think a good time to start solids?' right now he only gets BM and he is eating every hour and a half...day and night.......thanks MaMa's

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
aecryan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: attached to the boob!

My ds is 6 months and is constantly grabbing for my food too. I am going to hold off solids until 9 months though. I think that my first two dds weaned early b/c of too many solids too early. Does that make sense?

As far as being attached to the boob, all of my LOs were like that at one point or another. Could it be a growth spurt? Have the feedings been 1.5 hours apart for more than a couple of days? Is he nursing each time or just suckling? How long are the feedings? Is he snacking?

Just some questions to think about... don't feel like you have to answer them.

Congrats on making it to the 5 month mark! We just made it to 6 months!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
SamanthaE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in the same boat Mama. DD is almost 4 months and I feel like I am always nursing. I LOVE nursing don't get me wrong but I have other things to do too, like peeing. Growth spurt maybe? Teething? Starting to get sick? My DD has been like this for about a week. She used to be such a good sleeper and now she is up all night. I hope someone gives you some answers. Until then... We can be in the same boat together.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That sounds like a growth spurt if it's new. My dd would eat about every 1/2 hour, period, but I figured out much later that she had some silent reflux, and that's really common with silent reflux, wanting to snack every 20-30 minutes instead of eating a ton at once. She would eat more when she had a growth spurt. After 8 or 9 months she spaced back out to a couple hours between feeds.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
amcawdery
Registered Users

Location: Wherever the Marine Corps. sends us! Currently in Jacksonville, NC
My Mood:

I have been there mama!! I nursed all three, still nursing #3(5months old) and all did that. It was a combo between growth spurt and simply wanting to passify. I am a human pacifier to my dd now. Hang in there.
amcawdery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
Hammie43
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe he's going through a growth spurt? Has he been doing it for a while?

Here are samples of my work.
Hammie43 is offline   Reply With Quote