Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #11
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often does you EBF baby poop?

sounds just like my dd when she was ebf'd , but she would go up to 2 weeks without pooping b4 she exploded, luckily only one time did it happen in public - - - PIZZA HUT - of all places. And they didn't have a changing table, so I had to change her in our booth! Poo was everywhere!!!!!! - But yeah - totally normal! Our explosions were horribly messy when we were using sposies the 1st 3 months, but when we finally went CD full time - no more mess in the bouncer or the car seat or wherever - and just toss in the wash and all clean good luck coping with those bombs

Advertisement

Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:41 PM   #12
ChicanaCoqueta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2LBJ View Post
When EBF, DS pooped once every 7-10 days. He had plenty of pee dipes and stinky little baby farts all day long. His ped said that as long as hes happy and when he does poop it isn't hard, solid or formed, then hes perfectly fine. She said its called complete absorption(?). Where hes getting just the right amount from nursing and there isn't any waste. Just one of the many rewards of nursing, less poop! And as long as the gas is coming out one end or the other, why worry? Farts are a normal part of a healthy working digestive system lol Welcome to motherhood, you're going to be embarrassed in public many, many times. Id just enjoy it while it lasts, because once we started solids at six months he poops allllll the time now

their digestive system matures to better absorption around 2 months
we're averaging about 2 poops/day and he's ~ 3 months old

Last edited by ChicanaCoqueta; 09-06-2008 at 11:45 PM.
ChicanaCoqueta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:08 AM   #13
HadassahSukkot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The first month or so ours went a little every day.

Then he changed when he started to teethe. it went to once-three times a week. To once a week... to non existant and obvious tight tummy and cries of pain. We had to help him out.

Apparently he's had some trouble all last month with it, and we've had to help him out 1/2 the time (He'd get stuck or totally not relax and go because it hurt) because he was starting to get impacted.

He's teething like I did. Mom said she practically needed an icepick for me when I was a baby, and then for a while we went to daily enemas because I was in so much pain. (of course I was much older than he is at present)

He's back on a routine and his is every 2-3 days. So when he goes, we praise him, and it's become a bit more regular (every other day sometimes).

When he doesn't go, he gets miserable, cranky and you can see he's in pain... I hate it.

HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:14 AM   #14
PoconoPrincess
Registered Users

Talking about baby gas in public, I find when DS is in a CD it muffles it more than a sposie. Once I was at the car dealer getting my car after repairs. DS was on the counter in his infant seat, and kept ripping them one after another, in a sposie of course.... The poor guy at the counter almost wet his pants laughing... I was totally red of course, lmao! I just said, "yep, like father like son"
PoconoPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote