Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
Karrie Di
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Which lovey do you use?

I'm about to start the No Cry Sleep Solution, and I want to try using a lovey. At the moment, *I* am my daughter's lovey.

Suggestions???

I looked at the Snoedel but they seem a bit pricey. Are they worth it??

I'd love to hear what your kids love the best!

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
Tavie and Ellie's Mom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Which lovey do you use?

Both of my girls have womb sounds bears that they listen to every night when they fall asleep. And sometimes Ellie likes to have one of my shirts to hold when she sleeps.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
Beebug123
Registered Users

My DD like things with tags. Right now her favorite one is a satin blankie with satin tags all around the edges from walmart. The Taggies brand ones are really nice too.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
adonairoi
Registered Users
seller

My daughter latched on early to a Winnie the Pooh blankie that has satin on one side and a velvetty fabric on the other. When she got older she added on a stuffed bear. Your child will probably choose her own lovey, and it may not be the one you plan so don't get anything expensive.

You can't go wrong with anything that has satin and/or tags.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #5
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD#1 - we tried a snoedel for her - she hated it. She ended up falling in love with a fleece blanket I made her. Then around age one she had a dolly for a lovey, then a puppy, then a mermaid, now a new dolly - it switches every 6 months to a year.

DD#2 - for the life of me I can't get this child to take a lovey of any sort except me. I've bought so much stuff trying to get her to like it and NONE of it has worked. The girl needs something to hug so Mommy can go pee occationally. Oh and she hates the snoedel too.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
Connors_Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS picked his own lovey...its a blankie with satin on 1 side and minky on the other side. He won't go to sleep without it.

Please excuse any typos/grammar issues, I'm probably NAK
Connors_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #7
Grrchurch03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS has a ty pluffy, cloud, of course, it is retired, so the replacements are $$$, but it was originally $6 in an airport gift shop and he has loved it forever (poor thing is threadbare, he's on the 2nd one). And dd has a bear that came with a bouquet dh bought me years ago, she only recently(post weaning) found a lovey and she picked it herself. It was a long 18 months of being her lovey though, and while I still am the part time lovey, she at least has "Beary" as a transitional object and he helps her go to sleep.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #8
wimama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I started my ds using a Comfort Silkie when he was little. He has 3 of them. One for home, one for daycare and one for the wash. He still sleeps with them.

I started nursing him, with it between me and him, when he was a newborn. Then, I sent it to daycare with him when he started there at 7 weeks. So it would remind him of me. I chose the Comfort Silkies, because it was small and easily packable and I wanted to be able to add additional blankets and get replacements if necessary

We bought him a small Elmo when he turned a year old, who found his way into bed with him. Now he is two years old and now - Buddy the Monkey, Hopkins the Frog, Ziggy the Zebra and a new dog have found their way in bed with him. Any new friends get a place in bed with him. I am thinking I am going to have to put a three friends a night limit. It is getting crowded in there.

If you to pick you child's lovey. Pick something that you can easily replace later if you need to.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:01 AM   #9
AshKat
Registered Users

My Mood:

I use the wal-mart square blankie lovies. No animals or attachments, if you know what I'm talking about. It has to have satin.

A absolutely loves them. I have 7, not all the same. It doesn't seem to matter which lovey it is, as long as it has satin on it! The beautiful thing is - they are easily replaceable, and cost about $7 each - so I don't stress if we lose one.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:39 AM   #10
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

My DD chose a blanket that I crocheted for her. Fortunately, I was able to get more yarn and make her a second as a backup. Unfortunately, she now requires BOTH woobies to go to sleep.