Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
spin-off: What are your witty comebacks to strangers who make "family size" comments?

After reading the other post I want some new and refreshing, yet still modest comebacks for those horrible people in public who don't understand the joys of more than one child and seem to feel compelled to make comments about it.

Here are the one's I use so far:
comment: "You do know what cause that don't you?"
Comeback: "No, but I am dying to know so that I can have a few more!"

Comment: "you sure do have your hands full"
comeback: "nope, my hands are free, there is room for more!"

comment: "oh, looks you were trying to get a girl"
comeback: "nope, I got exactly what I prayed for, and I hope the next one is a boy too!" (then they usually same "The NEXT one, are you crazy!?!"

Advertisement

JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: spin-off: What are your witty comebacks to strangers who make "family size" comme

http://www.plomp.com/largefam/comebacks.htm
I love this web site I laughed all the way through.A friend gave it to me years ago and it's great.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #3
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: spin-off: What are your witty comebacks to strangers who make "family size" comme

"Did you learn your lesson?" (After 1 kid!)
"Sure did! S*x is fun and you get babies too!"
Old 09-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #4
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a professor in college who had five by the time I graduated but their goal was nine. He loved it when people would say "You know what causes that, right?" because he'd look at them with a perfectly straight face and say "No, can you please explain it to me?" He also liked comments about "it" being in the water. He'd always respond that "Nope, it's in the tequila" (neither he nor his wife drank a drop so if you knew him well, it was funny to hear him say that).
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #5
amphibology29
Registered Users
seller

This one isn't exactly modest, but when I was pregnant with DD and some lady asked if the pregnancy was planned I responsed, "Yes, we had s*x with the full intent to fertilize an egg." It definitely shut her up!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #6
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphibology29 View Post
This one isn't exactly modest, but when I was pregnant with DD and some lady asked if the pregnancy was planned I responsed, "Yes, we had s*x with the full intent to fertilize an egg." It definitely shut her up!
hehe
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #7
JDT
Banned

My Mood:

Well I'm not known for being subtle at all. So here are my answers to those questions:

Quote:
comment: "You do know what cause that don't you?"
Comeback: Oh Yes! A lot of sex. Would you like to see the poloroids?

Quote:
Comment: "you sure do have your hands full"
comeback: uh, huh. So anyway...

Quote:
comment: "oh, looks you were trying to get a girl"
comeback: I was actually just trying to get a back rub - you know men. Anyway...
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #8
normajean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Someone says, " Gosh, your hands are full" and I say, " Yes, Better full than empty!".........

And I only have 3
Old 09-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #9
Bethan_77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a friend who, when asked by rude people if baby #3 was an accident, would say, "What an important question that is. Enough about my sex life. Let's talk about your sex life." Hee hee.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #10
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I don't have a large family yet.... but I'm a triplet.. so we ALWAYS got comments (and still do, once people find out).. I always just tell them that Clomid's my daddy (which, for ME, is kinda true... Mom ovulated again but was already 4 weeks pregnant with the boys.. ) or that we busted free of the freak show and to please not report us as missing.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote