Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #11
LilOutlaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: spin-off: What are your witty comebacks to strangers who make "family size" comme

Whoa Manda wait a tick!
Your mom was 4wks pregnant with twin boys, then ovulated again and got pregnant with you!??! Holy schnikes!
I thought once you were pregnant the cervix closed off to ward off infection - that's insane!!!

Advertisement

LilOutlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #12
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: spin-off: What are your witty comebacks to strangers who make "family size" comme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manna00 View Post
I don't have a large family yet.... but I'm a triplet.. so we ALWAYS got comments (and still do, once people find out).. I always just tell them that Clomid's my daddy (which, for ME, is kinda true... Mom ovulated again but was already 4 weeks pregnant with the boys.. ) or that we busted free of the freak show and to please not report us as missing.

awww.... my best friend has adopted triplets... some people would never believe the comments she gets.
Like when the birth mom found out it was trips instead of one (yep, spontaneous triplets in a birth mother who already had 3 other children she wasn't raising!!!) some people at church who knew she was adopting that woman's baby said "so what are yall going to do about the other two?" and "can i have one of them?" It was just unbelievable what people said.
And you should see us when we all go out in public together My 3 (ages 6, 4, and 7 months) and her 4 (ages 12, 3, 3, & 3) we REALLY get some looks AND comments.
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #13
prid5
Registered Users

My Mood:

I only have 3 *all boys*, but when I hear " you have your hands full" I always say YEP, just the way I like it!
"Let me start off by saying that in 2000 I said, 'Vote for me. I'm an agent of change.' In 2004, I said, 'I'm not interested in change --I want to continue as president.' Every candidate has got to say 'change.' That's what the American people expect." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 5, 2008
prid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #14
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

I love my big family! my children look sooo similar that I lways get the comments:

Are the older 2 twins? NO
Well then those 2 have to be twins(pointing at my 7yr old and 5yr old)! No, I had all 5 of them....one at a time...I was savoring the moment!

But they are almost the same height?! that was the comment from the other day...in the grocery store....I just looked at the woman like you've got to be kidding me...
Old 09-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #15
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMomOf2 View Post
Whoa Manda wait a tick!
Your mom was 4wks pregnant with twin boys, then ovulated again and got pregnant with you!??! Holy schnikes!
I thought once you were pregnant the cervix closed off to ward off infection - that's insane!!!
lol. All hail 1980's Clomid. Both of the boys were born within ounces of each other.. and they thought I was a shadow in the ultrasounds until Mom was 7 months along. The boys were in birth order Mike: 6 lbs something.. I want to say 7 oz. John was 6 lbs 1 oz and I was 5 lbs 1 oz. full term. We were home within 3 days all at once with Mom.

If Mom see's this thread I'm SURE she can correct me on our weights.... and she has been told some DOOZIES about us "Why didn't get get rid of the other two?" is one that sticks in my mind....
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #16
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post
I love my big family! my children look sooo similar that I lways get the comments:

Are the older 2 twins? NO
Well then those 2 have to be twins(pointing at my 7yr old and 5yr old)! No, I had all 5 of them....one at a time...I was savoring the moment!

But they are almost the same height?! that was the comment from the other day...in the grocery store....I just looked at the woman like you've got to be kidding me...
Are you really sure they aren't twins?I mean how do you know, were you there or something?
You should call and ask someone.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:22 PM   #17
amybabya
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only have 2 and people are always saying "You are having MORE?!?!" Since when is it strange to have more than 2?!?!?

I tell them that clearly we do what we do well and produce beautiful children; therefore it is our duty to reproduce often and much.

When I have my sister’s 3 with us, we get stares and the “you got your hands full” or oh my you have been busy” all the stinkin time. I just say yeah, and it was fun.

I will have to try some of these lines– you guys are great.

OH and Manda, DH was conceived at a different time than his brother – I don’t remember how long apart. There was 2 lbs difference in their weight and he had no hair, fingernails or eyelashes. His brother was full term.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:05 AM   #18
joshuas_mum
Registered Users

i met a lovely mama in the store a few days ago. i was commenting on her gorgeous ds, he looked about 4 months old and she pointed out her dd, about 3 yrs and then patted her tummy and told me she had another on the way. i just smiled and said she must have a very fun family.
she actually thanked me for not making a rude comment.

joshuas_mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #19
Elena"s Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only have 1 LO, but I will have to remember some of these.
Some of the "less modest" ones are fantastic
Elena"s Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #20
~Ashley~
Registered Users

My Mood:

my mom actually got the comment of "why did you DECIDE to have twins?" when I was about 6 and I remember telling the lady "because she wanted to hear stupid questions like yours"