Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #11
NatureMama4
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: 4 or More Family Chat

Present!

I'm alive today, they're alive. it's pretty much been that way for a while.

I don't know how I did it when my last was a baby! I just can't seem to get anything done much less enough done! and yet everybody is always hungry (4 boys and a husband!) and everybody always wants clothes and the kids must do things and the house needs to be cleaned.

I have plenty of motivation, but little energy and NO way to escape the baby more than 10 minutes.

Advertisement

NatureMama4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #12
nannersmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No I don't homeschool my bigger two. My oldest daugther (15) has Down Syndrome and honestly the public school environment is where she thrives. Also my oldest son (8) also thrives in a social environment. I have thought about HS both and did my oldest for 1/2 a year, but she progressed much better at school. I do HS my youngers..too young for school yet, but it is a laid back day and we don't have to have any set curriculum.

Caffeine for motivation is out of the ? now since I am due with #6 and it never really did help anyway.

Cleaning up constantly like I have heard a few of you say is huge. The babies are constantly getting into everything and leaving crumbs all over the place..I swear the vac runs for hours on end every day. Dishes are never ending and just when you think you have the laundry done..someone gets undressed and all of a sudden you have another full load.

Rewarding myself for the small tasks done..I would love a bath, trying to figure out when I can find the time and an uninterrupted moment, a movie night..seriously not in the budget. I guess my reward for getting anything done is a few mins on the computer, but even that is a min of constant interruption.

They will all be older one day and the house will be silent..so I guess I should enjoy the chaos now while I can.
nannersmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #13
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureMama4 View Post
Present!

I'm alive today, they're alive. it's pretty much been that way for a while.

I don't know how I did it when my last was a baby! I just can't seem to get anything done much less enough done! and yet everybody is always hungry (4 boys and a husband!) and everybody always wants clothes and the kids must do things and the house needs to be cleaned.

I have plenty of motivation, but little energy and NO way to escape the baby more than 10 minutes.

I want to recommend this book here because I think EVERYONE could benefit from it, whether homeschooling, school age kids, babies, religious, non religious, etc

"Managers of their Homes" by Steve and Teri Maxwell has seriously done WONDERS for my life for just the few weeks I have been using it. I think it could help you too mama

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #14
veganf
Registered Users

My Mood:

After doing all the "basic" day to day stuff, I have a hard time getting my hands free to actually clean the house. Once the baby is bigger it will get easier as always.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #15
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:

Motivation can be a struggle for me... why mop the kitchen floor when I can be reading posts on DS? lol
Mostly for me right now though is just keeping on top of my 3 that are in school. I thought when school started this year, life would be much easier only having 1 kid in the house during the day. But my 2 year old does need more attention now that his sisters are at school.. and the cat is really up my butt lately needing attention when the girls are at school lol. But back to my point.. the girls all have fundraiser stuff, and book order forms, and sign ups for this and that, and need money for this and that, and omg! So far I'm amazed how organized I've been- haven't lost anything yet, and have been returning forms to school on time- wow! lol
Can't wait to have 5 kids all in school! Oy.
TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #16
jebb4
Registered Users

I think the biggest obstacle we come across is coordinating life with two teenagers and two toddlers. I go from college tuition to preschool orientation to high school soccer games to potty learning and poopy diapers to boyfriends to pacifiers. Its hard keeping everyone content. The older girls probably think the younger two get more attention and the little ones probably miss out on a lot of family q.t. because we're busy doing stuff with/for the older two. I have a hard time juggling it all sometimes.

Food is tough too. First of all our grocery bill is sky high--I'd say about $1000 a month. Secondly, the big girls are allowed to eat junk food like chips and cookies and I try hard not to let the little ones eat that stuff but when they see it they want it too. I hate having to play policewoman to the pantry!

And cars! Four drivers and 3 cars is difficult LOL Between the 4 of us we have 4 jobs, 1 sport activity, 3 schools and social lives! Another car sure would be nice!

I could go on and on.....
Old 09-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #17
kaspears17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
My biggest issue right now is meals! The baby is almost 8 months and i would love for him to be able to eat what we eat. Anyone have any meals they would like to share with me?

Plus, with the start of school is the start of activities. I just don't have enough hours in the day! We are getting home from football/cheerleading abound 7:30-8 ish and then rushing to get baths in. Thankfully, with me being a SAHM, we are eating before. But our finances are starting to not look so good for winter so i may have to go back to work!

If I do go back to work, WOW, how will ANYTHING get done?!?!?!
Something that has helped me during football season, same thign, getting home around 7:30, is to have dinner prepared the night before, so you are just heating it up after practice. Or eating before practice and have a good snack when they get home.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #18
lovespepper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

To try to keep the clutter down to a minimum, I deal with "papers" as they come in. School papers are either signed and returned or they are recycledo immediately. If it's a date I need to remember, I enter it into my datebook. Mail is opened and filed if needed or recycled, etc. It's just better for me not to have stacks of papers lying around waiting to fall to the floor by a curious toddler

Our food bill is crazy too. I just can't seem to keep enough food in the house. Even if I stock up the pantry, the older ones just eat it faster.
lovespepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #19
mindycat72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had to take my 10yodd to get some stitches out of her thigh. How do you all handle the noise when you are in an office? Between the 3yo, and the 14mo, the screeching!
mindycat72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #20
mindycat72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post

I want to recommend this book here because I think EVERYONE could benefit from it, whether homeschooling, school age kids, babies, religious, non religious, etc

"Managers of their Homes" by Steve and Teri Maxwell has seriously done WONDERS for my life for just the few weeks I have been using it. I think it could help you too mama
I have this, as well as "Managers of their Chores". They are great! Unless, of course, like me, you lack the motivation to set it all up.
mindycat72 is offline   Reply With Quote