Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 4 or More Family Chat

Well #1 LAUNDRY! My biggest challenge otherwise is motivation and not being discouraged. I often feel like why should I do it if I'm just gonna have to do it again the next day ya know? Or I don't get to sweeping/mopping today so no biggy, it's just gonna get dirty tonight! But then it happens over and over and over...
Plus my schedule is kinda whacky with drop off & pick up for Preschool and Elem. school kids EVERY DAY. 8:15 drop off E, 9:00 drop off P, 11:30 pickup P, 1:30 on Wed E, 2:30 pickup for 1st grader E and 2:45 pickup for 6th graders E. If dh has any errands for me to run I have to fit them in, cleaning or anything is hard because nap times are usually spent in the car now for my almost 3yr old. I just feel like everything is out of whack right now. But I did buy the Managers of their Homes workbook and I hope that helps. I'd like to create a schedule and try to stick to it. Getting my oldest 2 involved would be the biggest help too!!

Kristi, Mommy to Josh & Nick (identical twins 6-97) Nathen (3-02), Joey (2-04), Jacob (11-05) & Aaron (12-11) I sell Tupperware!
"A person's a person, no matter how small..." Dr Seuss
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

I hear ya about the crazy driving schedules! It is so hard to try to have a few hours together in a row to get a project done around the house. I thought I would be able to do a few things over the summer, but the summer turned out to be busier than the school year! lol

One thing I use to motivate myself in cleaning the house is I believe that the kids deserve a somewhat orderly house. (don't get me wrong, we cannot eat off the floors in my home, haha) So anytime I feel like letting a chore go, I try to remember that order and cleanliness helps keep the mind calm (especially in a crowded home). But just remember, when kids are little, they don't necessarily remember the clean home so much anyway. I find that the teens do notice more, but the good thing is that they are old enough to provide significant help in the mess they create!

As for the doctor's waiting room q, other than trying not to bring the sibs if possible, I would def have the youngest in a stroller. I would also bring snacks, drinks, little toys and books...but you probably do all that already.
lovespepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #23
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6

What a great thread! I wish it would have kept going! I am a new mommy of 4. My 4th DS is only a week old today

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote