Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2006, 09:05 PM   #11
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Grow Me a Rainbow? Have them?

You do remove some material but not a lot and, frequently, some of the removed material is used as a soaker. A prefitted with a soaker (from the excess material being removed) is, in my experience, slightly less absorbent then a trifolded prefold but not much if any less then a prefold that has been pinned or snappi'd on. Most of the material that is removed is not material that typically gets soaked on my kids except overnight. You can also just add another soaker in if you need some extra absorbency.

Advertisement

navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #12
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I emailed her...she did reply
Wierd...I emailed her twice w/ a ton of questions and she got back to me by the next a.m... She's testing some gorgeous appliques on covers tonight and going to let me know how they turned out...I'll mention your issues w/ her. I know she mentioned moving.

Quote:
you may just want to try a trifolded prefold in a wrap or snap cover
So, it's just a PF folded like a burrito? It's not too bulky in the crotch??

Quote:
try fanciful fanny
I will! I've heard such good things about TT, but she's closed for customs and I can't keep up to win slots

Quote:
i wanted her to convert my prefolds
Why wouldn't you buy new? Is it really cheaper after S/H on the heavy PFs? Where are you getting your PFs so cheap?
beenwaitingalongtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:38 PM   #13
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So not fair! I want some from her too! LOL And I don't have to worry about the shipping even. She lives about an hour from me. Ask for me too! I did get one email from her and I tried responding to it a couple times and haven't heard from her. I wonder if she only get the mail from her site?
Old 05-16-2006, 07:51 PM   #14
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i never did end up finding out from her how much her conversion is...she never replied back so i don't know if it is cheaper or not. as for my prefolds, i bought 2 dozen brand new IPF at granitesmiths diaper store on ebay for $28 after shipping.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:57 AM   #15
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did hear back from her today and she is a little more expensive than tinkle trap. I think its $5/ diaper
so probably you can buy cheaper just straight from her.
Little Lions is having some good prefold sales too.... but I don't know if that good LOL
Old 05-17-2006, 08:01 AM   #16
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Grow Me a Rainbow? Have them? More Questions...

While I am one that NEVER gets replies back from GMAR I can say I do love the prefitteds I do have. They were all bought off here used from another mama. That is why I have tried to contact her so many times, I want more. When she just did a hyena stocking I got one off there, seems easier that way then to try and get a custom. I really want to try tinkle traps but I am a sucker for the added fabric.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 AM   #17
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree that added fabric is so cute! But at least with my prefolds I already paid almost $2/each plus the $5 to convert, plus gas to drive them there I might as well buy one new from her and trying sell my prefolds... which I am trying to do
Maryann at the Fanciful Fanny puts fabric on hers too, (and closures included in the price) but its all the way around it so I'm not sure what you're looking for

Have we highjacked this thread yet????????
Old 05-17-2006, 09:00 AM   #18
camperjen
Registered Users
seller

I have 2nd hand GMARs and love them. I have a couple of no-name brand prefitteds as well.

My son isn't really a heavy wetter - but I find one MEOS liner (since I have eight) for overnight with a prefitted holds him just fine - though some mornings he's SOAKING, it's all in the dipe.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:51 PM   #19
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

we have GMAR embellished prefitteds and TT prefitteds. I prefer to use pins to secure my prefitteds. Much more adjustable for us. I have found though that my GMAR are longer int he rise vs. TT so we will be wearing our GMAR much longer than TT. I always add a doubler for my lil guy with all prefitteds too! Here is a link to a custom I had done of my GMAR's. I really love them! Janette does wonderful work!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21...s/DCP_5710.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21...s/DCP_6478.jpg
Old 05-17-2006, 11:54 PM   #20
jodi5
Registered Users

Those look great! I have some on the way to me so we will see how they turned out. I only used prints on two of mine and did snap closure for those two, the rest with no closure and no fabric added.

I have not had any problems contacting Janette, but I contacted her recently since she has been back open again. She was closed for a while.