Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do you know when you are O'ing w/out AF?

Ok so I am really new to this TTC! I am already frustrated and it has only been a month! I have some questions...Since I am EBF my DS AF has yet to rear her Ugly head...So how do I know when I am ovulating? I have read a little about CM changes but it is really hard to tell. What does clear watery CM mean? Also taking a temp? How do you do this and can you use a regular thermometer?

Also if I was to buy an ovulation test how do I know when to test since I don't know when I am O'ing (BTW I thought "O'ing" was having an Orgasm ) I don't want to waste a bunch of tests randomly testing. KWIM! Oy vey this is sooooo confusing! Help please

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
mhr1406
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you know when you are O'ing w/out AF?

There is a wonderful book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility that is wonderful at teaching the art of charting and what is going on with your body. I highly recommend this book

changes in cm and temps can indicate when Oing may take place.

to temp you will need a basal theremometer that will show more increments than a regular thermometer. (I bought mine from walmart for $6) Just take your temp every am at the same time preferably after 3 hours of consecutive sleep

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ also has a wonderful tutorial on charting as well as a basic level free charting software (it has a more advanced software for a fee too)

HTH

Good Luck!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:02 AM   #3
4HisGlory
Registered Users
Formerly: 2&1ontheway
seller

Re: How do you know when you are O'ing w/out AF?

Hi! I'm in the same boat waiting for af! My DD is weaning though so hopefully soon!

You won't continuosly O without having AF. You may O once before your first ppaf. I've heard it descriibed this way "You can bleed without having Oed but If you O will will definitely bleed (unless of course you are pregnant" I hope that helps a little.
I haven't messed with charrting until after i get my AF because i'm not really sure there is a point since you may not even O before your first ppaf at all, however I do check CM and if i have what i think is ewcm we BD just in case. I think the chances that you actually ovulate before your first ppaf AND catch the egg aren't that great but a girl can hope right!?