Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2006, 07:28 PM   #11
asandwick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding moms are NOT the only judgemental ones

Honestly...I would be a little protective of myself.
I don't mean not associate with, maybe just not so tightly.
She sounds like she needs a good friend ... but may not be a good one, kwim?

Advertisement

asandwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:47 PM   #12
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

She also may be just young and dumb and just not know how to respond at times. Maybe just over look the whole thing and see if you get along well with other things and have other things in common with her then it might be a good friendship. To me this young lady sounds like she was just showing her cover and "you can't judge a book by its cover" Give her a chance and just don't dwell on the nursing. You didn't to begin with, you just did what came naturally to you and that was to nurse your child.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:57 PM   #13
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dont hate me...... But as a mother that FF my first, it is kind of hard to get past things that have been said to you by pro bfers (nurses, other BF moms, etc).
I have heard that Im a bad mom, that I dont care, my child will be unhealthy etc, several times and again just the other day, I have even had a BF friend stop talking to me when I decided to FF DS and all that stuff really hits a nerve. Its kinda like a dog that has been beat repeatedly not trusting humans again ! KWIM ?

Honestly I can totally see where she is coming from, but I also think that she should have given you a chance instead of just closing up like she did.

I have been lucky so far to make a few BF friends that are very nice about the fact that I FF DS and are also very supportive that I plan to BF this baby and are willing to help out in any way, but I am still leary of what they might say to me and what others that arent my friends might say.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:39 PM   #14
thumbelinadiapers
Registered Users

I think thats a hard situation to know whether or not to pursue the friendship, like mentioned in a pp, she may not be a good friend to you. I've had too many friends say things behind my back that should have been said to me, and hearing things other people say about you through other friends sucks. I would be carefull. Im super picky though. I'd rather have no friends then bad friends, kwim? I have known lots of crunchy women, and some are definitely elitists, so she may have thought you were like that, again though, she should have said something to you. i dunno
Old 10-21-2006, 09:33 PM   #15
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry for the hijack, but I'm in shock! When I had DS the doctors really tried to talk me into the depo shot. They never mentioned anything about reduced milk supply! Fortunately, I had had it before and didn't like the way it made me feel. I guess I really lucked out there!
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:26 PM   #16
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

If she was talking about like that to begin with behind your back you don't need her as a friend anyway. Good thing it got out in the begining instead of further down the road KWIM?
Old 10-22-2006, 12:32 AM   #17
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm... you know the only place I've ever "met" an judgemental bfing mom is on here or on mothering or something like that. Whether you BF or FF has never been an issue with my circle of friends.
People that judge others becuase of how they feed their newborn need to get a life and just worry about their own kids.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:34 AM   #18
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

I don't think the girl would be a bad friend btw. She was probably young and unsure of herself and said something to her friend. Just because someone makes a mistake like that, doesn't mean they aren't worth being friends with. She could probably use a friend like you!
Old 10-22-2006, 09:02 PM   #19
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

I haven't called her since that happened. Like a PP said...if she's going to talk behind my back when we just met...obviously she never got out of high school and I don't really feel the need to put effort into it. I am a crunchy hippy mama and she is 100% the opposite...even if we "pretended" friends at first you know we would get on each others nerves.

I have work and 2 kids to take care of, like I have time to have friends anyways lol
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote