Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2008, 06:46 AM   #1
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
what's your favorite doubler stroller?

i'm looking for one to use at the mall, the zoo, walking on paths outdoors, etc.
so I guess an all terrain stoller. i would love any ideas or experience- thanks!

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2008, 07:01 AM   #2
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: what's your favorite doubler stroller?

I can't say enough about my Phil and Teds E3 stroller. www.philandteds.com. Its a single all terrain with that becomes a double by adding an additional lower seat that comes with it and so it's footprint stays exactly the same for one or two children. It steers like a dream, its too cute (mine's lime green), has tons of storage and additional accessories to customize it, and its super durable. My boys have each found lots of different comfortable positions. You can do an infant seat and toddler, a laying infant and toddler, a sitting infant and toddler. I get a million compliments and even though we've had it 3 years, DH and I both constantly mention what a great stroller it is when we use it!
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #3
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I had a side by side jeep stroller which I loved, except it didn't fit into stores so I never used it, and ended up giving it away. I also have an evenflo double which is okay but heavy and bulky so I never use it either.

I really want to try the contours options tandem stroller but DH won't let me buy anymore

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
amjbmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE View Post
I can't say enough about my Phil and Teds E3 stroller. www.philandteds.com. Its a single all terrain with that becomes a double by adding an additional lower seat that comes with it and so it's footprint stays exactly the same for one or two children. It steers like a dream, its too cute (mine's lime green), has tons of storage and additional accessories to customize it, and its super durable. My boys have each found lots of different comfortable positions. You can do an infant seat and toddler, a laying infant and toddler, a sitting infant and toddler. I get a million compliments and even though we've had it 3 years, DH and I both constantly mention what a great stroller it is when we use it!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Phil and Ted's too!!!!! I have it in lime green also Wherever I go I get soooo many compliments and ?'s where to buy it
Old 09-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
Mom2KG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another big fan of Phil & Ted's! I also get tons of compliments every time I use it with the double attachment. It's so nice and compact and steers so very smooth. It also folds up smaller than my old single stroller so it doesn't take up much space in the trunk.
Mom2KG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #6
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I like my instep double jogger
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:19 AM   #7
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

is the Phil & Ted's super heavy to lift in and out of the back of the car/SUV/van?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #8
susansabrina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wouldn't the kid on the bottom hate it? Is it so low that the lower kid could drag his hands on the ground?
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #9
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Neither my nearly 4 year old nor my nearly 7 month old have ever had a cross word about riding on the bottom at all even in horrible places like the grocery! The Phil and Teds is not light to be sure but it weighs about what any other double stroller does or a bit lighter. Does 17 pounds sound right? The info is on their website I believe. The jogging ones are lighter but MUCH bigger and of course basic umbrollers are lighter. It folds really easy. Somewhere there is a video of this stroller's workings; maybe on their website also?
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:15 AM   #10
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks so much