Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Breastfeeding mamas, how many days did it take you to get a + test?

I'm breastfeeding our 28 month old dd and this is our first month trying. How long did it take you to get a positive test? Or are you still trying? If so how many months have you been trying?

My dd nurses a lot for her age, she still nurses anywhere from 2-4 hours between feedings, yeah I know most of it is probably just comfort nursing

I hope we can get preggo quick! I hate waiting Its bad enough I'm going to have to wait until the end of this month to test I'm gonna go nuts! hahaha

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
xoxCoralxox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding mamas, how many days did it take you to get a + test?

Umm I was reading in my La Leche League book and this is what it says-

A woman has a 2% chance of getting pregnant if her period has not returned, if she is not supplementing regularly or going longer than 4 hours between feedings. So ... i dunno have you been getting any AFs yet ??
if not you could try but i dont think it will take unless you lessing feedings.

=S i dunno my AF came back when my DD was 13 months and i just got pregnant on Nuva Ring ... soo im no help... but i think if u want a 100% + try slighty weaning DD which im sure your going to have to do anyways for new baby =)

~~~Expecting Jan.2015 Baby~~~
xoxCoralxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
anabellee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Joe is 18mths and nurses 4-6 times a day. we've been ttc for 4ish mths now. I started getting light spotting cycles at 14mths pp but I didn't have a really "good" (more than 2 days of spotting) cycle until a month ago. I'm also not ovulating yet so I''m hoping that this cycle will start Oing. gl to you! I find it hard because as much as I want a new baby, I know Joe still needs his "nur nur"
Old 09-06-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last time I ttc was I was nursing my 24mther and got pg 1st cycle.

Did you get a first pp af yet? If so bfing shouldn't make much of a dif ttcing as long as you O you can get pg.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We NPP, But my DD was only 5 months old when I got pregnant again.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:05 PM   #6
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just a month. I had my IUD removed 12/7, had my first real cycle 1/7 got a BFP 2/4.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #7
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:

Yes I've been getting my period for over a year now. I know when I've ovulating, I will go pee and sometimes I will actually see the gooeyness! it will string into the toilet..tmi sorry!!

But I have a pretty good idea when I ovulate, my periods are pretty regular, I start anywhere from the 30th to the 4th, it used to be every 3rd or 4th but now its moving around the 30-31st mark a lot. I just started on the 31st of last month and finished spotting yesterday. After imputing data (8 cycles) on fertilityfriend.com it says I have an average 30 day (32 being the highest, 28 the lowest) cycle. I feel positive and really hope we can get pregnant quick
Oh we plan on tandem nursing her threwout the pregnancy, but if she does wean herself (I've heard the milk can change) while I'm preggo I will gladly let her nurse again once my milk is back to normal after the birth. I will not wean her...its just something I told myself I would never do...lol
Old 09-06-2008, 02:27 PM   #8
xoxCoralxox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiesmommy0503 View Post
Yes I've been getting my period for over a year now. I know when I've ovulating, I will go pee and sometimes I will actually see the gooeyness! it will string into the toilet..tmi sorry!!

But I have a pretty good idea when I ovulate, my periods are pretty regular, I start anywhere from the 30th to the 4th, it used to be every 3rd or 4th but now its moving around the 30-31st mark a lot. I just started on the 31st of last month and finished spotting yesterday. After imputing data (8 cycles) on fertilityfriend.com it says I have an average 30 day (32 being the highest, 28 the lowest) cycle. I feel positive and really hope we can get pregnant quick
Oh we plan on tandem nursing her threwout the pregnancy, but if she does wean herself (I've heard the milk can change) while I'm preggo I will gladly let her nurse again once my milk is back to normal after the birth. I will not wean her...its just something I told myself I would never do...lol

awww thats good for you i didnt really wanna wean my DD but it got way way to painful soo she was fully weaned at 21months 3weeks. But if youve have regular periods i dont think it will be a problem at all. You could always by an ovulation test too just to see =) Good luck mama

~~~Expecting Jan.2015 Baby~~~
xoxCoralxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #9
angelmama1209
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dd is 10mo and still nursing about every 4 hours. i never went back on bc after her birth and we have been actively trying for 2 mos. it's never taken us more than 3 mo before, but i've never been bfing before.
Shanna - married to Joshua (12/9/00), mommy to Princess Hailey (4/27/05), our Sweet Imp Ashlyn (11/3/07), Our Crazy Head Curly Top Alexa :wave2:(6/3/09), Sassy Little Juliet (3/2/12) and new baby Tristan (1/10/14)!
angelmama1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #10
moobiegirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We just started ttc #2 last month. ds is 22 months old and still nurses 2-3 times a day (mostly at night). I have been having regular af's since 7 months pp. I hope it doesn't take that long. I'm in the 2ww right now and I have actually been leaking a bit (which never happens) so I'm hopeful this is the month. good luck!