Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
argecash
Registered Users

Does Your LO Sleep On A Lambskin?

We're thinking of getting a lambskin for our LO to sleep on and I was wondering if anyone here has used one. Do they work? I would hate to buy another thing to help DS sleep just to have it be a waste of money. Any input would be appreciated!

If you do have one you like where did you buy it?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #2
OneAndCounting
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does Your LO Sleep On A Lambskin?

We bought a SnugFleece Wool Mattress Cover for DS's crib about 2 months ago. He was 20 months and still not sleeping well (as he has been FOREVER) and I just thought that his crib seemed really uncomfy so why not? I've been realizing how great wool is, slowly but surely, and now I want one for my bed! He does have a wool puddle pad and cotton sheet over it, just for practical purposes, but it's much cushier, thicker, and if you believe all that is said about the benefits of wool, I figured you can't go wrong! It covers the whole crib mattress, and I also thought we'd get more use since we'll be having at least one more kid. Plus- machine washable.
DS did indeed start sleeping better shortly thereafter but who knows if it's a coincidence. I do feel it was money well spent.
We bought the SnugFleece Imperial Wool Mattress Cover from Dreamsoft Bedware for $69 (we got the puddle pad there, too, so got free shipping). Not bad.

We also have a Lamby that we put in DS's co-sleeper for awhile when he was little. I put him right on it and he was still BFing all night but my thinking is, if it's good for him, why not give him every boost you can? We got that as a gift but it's still around and super soft and cozy, too.

Good luck! And seriously, if DH was as excited about it as I am, we'd have a woolie on our bed, too. aaahhh... the sleep that would be!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:17 AM   #3
argecash
Registered Users

Anyone else?
Old 09-07-2008, 07:24 AM   #4
veganf
Registered Users

My Mood:

IMO they are dangerous, despite the fact that I don't want my babies sleeping on part of a dead animal. But that's me!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #5
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They are actually suppose to be incredibly safe. We cared for a baby whose father was from New Zealand and they said every baby slept on a "sheepie." Cameron slept on hers from day 1, and we never had an issue. Since wool is breathable, it's suppose to help against suffocation risks too. But I dunno. We had one, but DS never took to it like I hoped. I'm thinking I might get one for the next one anyways.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #6
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got one for my DD when she was 1. She was waking up every hour on the hour and I wanted sleep. I read The Fussy Baby Book by Dr. Sears and he suggested a lambie for kids. When I did get it (from ebay) she slept for 90-120 mins at a time. Made for a much happier mommy.

I did notice she seemed to snuggle down into it when I put her on it. We stopped using it when she was 2.5.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote