Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
crazymom
Registered Users
seller

I need some bed help... please

Ok... to make a long story short, DH and I are seperating and the townhouse I am buying has a smaller bedroom for DD than she has now. Her room is huge at the house. She has her crib, a daybed, changing table, dresser, armoire and a ton of toys in it.

My problem is... with a small room, I can't fit the daybed AND the crib. She just turned two this week and still rarely sleeps through the night. I figure that trying to move her up to the twin bed wouldn't work because she will think it's play time and not sleep. Am I right? Should I just take the crib and leave her in it for the time? I'm confused. Please help!!!!

Advertisement

crazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
ericak95
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need some bed help... please

Two ways I could play it in my head.

1 -- it's a tough change and maybe making the switch to a "big girl" bed while all the rest of the changes are happening would be best (all over at once, KWIM?).

2 -- because it will be tough on her, leave her in the crib until she becomes comfortable in her new home.

I've never been one to rush my girls out of the crib, though. My oldest, who will be 5yrs old soon, always was a great sleeper and loved her crib. She never even tried to climb out of it. We got her a twin mattress and made a bed on the floor of her room around her 2nd b-day but she still continued to sleep in the crib. Then her sister was born a few months later. DD#2 slept with us or in the pack in play until we got dd#1 into her big bed around 2.5yrs old. Then #2 got the crib. DD #2 is a climber and she learned to scale the crib around 15months old (more in than out though) We just transitioned her into her big bed in April (she was 2yrs 4mo).

Erica
Old 09-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
whalvo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would definitely say leave the crib in the room until she's ready. If she's been asking for the big girl bed then maybe you could transition her, but if not then she'll probably feel much more comfortable in the crib in a new house... at least for awhile.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
crazymom
Registered Users
seller

She LOVES the big girl bed, only problem is, she wants to play. I think I am going to buy the converter kit to turn the crib into a toddler bed and start talking up how "big" she is! Thanks mamas for your input!

-Di
crazymom is offline   Reply With Quote