Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Born Free v Think Baby

background. we had DD off all bottles at 6mos when we discovered her LOVE for the Gerber Nuk sippy cup. we let her take it with warmed juice and she loved it. she would even take breast milk out of it.

then i discovered the consequences of BPA. i sent the Nuk cups back to Gerber asking for a refund and an apology for deliberately putting poison into my DD. (i was very proud of myself for actually writing the letter and sending it)

we found out that she likes straw cups too, so that's what we've been giving her (basically). we tried other true sippies, they just don't take like the straws or the Nuk.

she's now 13 mos old. and i'm trying to introduce her to other milks (rice, soy. she really likes the rice). but she will only take it out of her bottle. warmed out of her bottle to boot.

anyone have experience with both/either the Born Free or the Think Baby soft spout sippy? i'm thinking something Nuk-like in shape and texture will help me get her back off the bottle. (i have a bottle addiction aversion. she's already thoroughly addicted to the pacifier in order to save my sanity)

this is also to allow me some momma time away from DD. i love her, but i'd like to be able to leave her with loved ones and know that she will eat. she's pretty much EBF. she snacks solids, but it's nothing serious. some days she'll eat 2 bites, others she almost eats the house, and some no solids at all.

can you help me out? neither of these products is something i can get easily, so i kinda need help so that i don't waste $8-10 plus shipping for something she hates.......... been there, done that, don't want to do it again

Enjoying everyday I'm given! ~Joanna david's wife & SAHM to DD 3yrs and DS 1yr ERFing, BFing, CDing
fergiesgirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Born Free v Think Baby

Ella drinks water out of a Think Baby sippy cup and it's worked well for us. I bought mine at a reduced price from www.babyhopesclothdiapers ( is the direct link to the listing - right now they're on sale for $5.00). HTH!
Cynthia, mama to Ella Grace (9/4/07) and Cecilia Claire (5/19/15)
cindylouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:49 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Born Free v Think Baby

We have a Think Baby sippy, and to be honest Z's not at all interested in drinking out of it. But it's the only sippy we've tried so far, so I can't compare. He really only wants to drink out of my real cup
Christina - all-around pretty crunchy mama to Z
mrscakes is offline   Reply With Quote