Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2006, 06:36 AM   #1
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Fuzzi Bunz fit? Large vs Petite Medium

I'm starting to think we may have to wait until my son fills out. We are definately in the last few weeks of our mediums. Still on tight settings at the waist but if I put more than one insert in they don't fit around his bottom. I ordered a large to see if it would work, didn't leak but droops at the waist and gaps at the legs. Didn't leak amazingly but I hate to order petite and only use for a few weeks again. My mediums were barely worn.... Any one have any experience. My son is just over 12 months old. Very tall 33" and weighs 22 lbs. He is long and lean but not skinny. All muscle if that makes sence. By measurements he should be in a medium but my barely used stash of mediums that don't fit anymore tell me otherwise...

Anyway wondering if any one can shed some light. I love SNAP-EZ but can't afford them for my whole stash... I'm over there daily waiting for a re-stock!

Thank you,
SJ

Advertisement

Old 05-12-2006, 07:05 AM   #2
Carrie
Registered Users

Re: Fuzzi Bunz fit? Large vs Petite Medium

My kids outgrew the petite toddler before the mediums (still in mediums). The PT have smaller leg openings and a longer rise. If the mediums don't fit his bottom I doubt the PT will. I have heard that sometimes they outgrow the mediums before fitting into larges, which is really annoying!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:36 AM   #3
treecitydiapers
Registered Users

On the larges you can cross over the waist snap to help with the waist. Basically go over 4 snaps on one side then on the other side go over 4 snaps by tucking the point under the other point.

Also, you can pull the underside points (where the female snaps are) way up and out of the diaper and that will help tighten the legs a bit.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:49 AM   #4
Mel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use Petite. Jonah is 36" and 30 lbs. 17" waist, 11" thigh, 17" rise. I'd say long and lean but no skinny either. Petite are perfect. So perfect that I got rid of everything else and we have 25 petite FB. Jonah did outgrow meds though...we went to larges but they were just too much diaper. Hope it works for you. Maybe find a used petite for sale to try it out...that shouldn't take 3 weeks to get to you
Old 05-12-2006, 08:56 AM   #5
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

Petites work perfect for Corey, he is 13mo about 23lbs and has a long rise. He outgrew the rise on the mediums, the legs were way too big on the larges. He can wear a pt fb on the second waist snaps and the 3rd leg snaps.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:08 AM   #6
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you Ladies! Great ideas. I'm going to try the cross over thing first since I have 3 Larges...

Happy Diapering. I had no idea I'd have to wait 3 weeks! Yikes. Just like shoes. We're a double wide...

SJ
Old 05-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #7
idlewildponies
Registered Users

My Mood:

Not sure if this will help, but DD is 13 mos, around 20lbs. We just started CDing at 12 mos. We got the PT and have no troubles. I have 2 larges, somewhat by mistake. I use them at night with 2 inserts, all the way tight. The PT fits on second tightest for leg and waist. The rise is a little high, but not a big deal.

Sarah
idlewildponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #8
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

I have a tall little boy for 14 months and around your little ones weight. Check out my avy.
The mediums are too small but the larges are too big. I just ordered the one that's in my avy which is a PT and it works great. I would suggest just buy one. I know there are a few on FSOT and see how it works. They resell very well so you won't be out much. It's worth it to find that perfect fit.
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:00 PM   #9
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

yep just head the fsot and get a pt one. i bet it will fit nicely
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:44 PM   #10
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FSOT? I'm not sure what that is? I did try the cross over thing tonight with 2 inserts and it was much better. I'm going to have to try a petite too.

Fuzzi Store? ot?

SJ