Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2006, 07:04 PM   #11
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: EBF Until Self Feeding

There was a thread on tbw about this.
Let me see if I find the article.

Advertisement

Last edited by mikkismama; 10-21-2006 at 07:13 PM.
mikkismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:09 PM   #12
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

NAK

I did start with pureed stuff before I read this, at that point, Mica was about 5.5 mos. I have tried just letting her eat chunks of banana, watermelon, pear, etc. but the truth is I"m afraid. She has gagged and vomited a few times but I think its just because she gets scared when she feels a chunck, since she's not used to it. She is slowly coming around now that shes 7.5 mos. So I'll probrably stop pureeing stuff in a few weeks. She does love the purees though, thats why I've kept them up. If your dc doesnt like them though, save your energy.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:12 PM   #13
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Strange...
http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedseli...uidelines.html
Old 10-21-2006, 07:18 PM   #14
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I did it. Not by my choice...I tried to introduce solids to my exclusively breastfed baby when he was 6 months old but he didn't want them. He didn't eat solids until he was 10.5 months old and could self-feed. With my new baby I am just going to wait until he can self-feed, too.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #15
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we are doing this w/ lily. She sits in her highchair at dinner and gets a sippy cup w/ a little bit of water. Then if we are having something that she could possible eat (potato avacodo steamed carrots) I put pieces on her plate. Most of the time she doesn't get any in her mouth. But she's learning. I dont want to buy her baby food and Im too lazy to make it

shes nearly 7.5 months old
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:38 PM   #16
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

3 out of 4 kids didn't do babyfood at all. My only kid with food texture issues was also the only one who ate solids before 6 months and the only one who ate babyfood.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:52 PM   #17
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i did it! my son never even had applesauce until he spoon fed himsef it at about 11 months, and ony had it cause i had some and he wanted it and get this..never had baby cereal until a week ago, and hes 19 months old and he doesnt like it! hehe...

i say go for it!!
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:38 AM   #18
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

I did it with my first. But I wasn't sure if it had an effect on her appetite as she literally eats nothing. She doesn't gain (doesn't lose) but she's been the same weight for at least six months. Never has had an appetite.
With my son I decided to try the babyfood thing and he's an animal when it comes to food. Not sure if that difference is the actual correlation or not, but just wanted to throw that in.
Hey, try it out!
Old 10-22-2006, 02:26 PM   #19
Kele
Registered Users

My Mood:

I did this with my third child. She refused to eat the food I pureed, so I would put bits of our dinner on her tray (age appropriate as in no high allergy food (JIC) and soft foods only) and waited til she could do it herself (around 9 months maybe). She was perfectly happy and still bf a lot.
I think it's a wonderful way to go
Old 10-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #20
hauser
Registered Users
seller

That for posting this!! My 6 month old (6 months today ) does not like cereal or baby food. He kind of likes the German baby cereal my mother in law mailed, but not too much. My oldest was crazy for the German baby cereal and ate it until he was nearly 2, but my youngest not so much. I guess I will just let him tell me and keep the doctors at bay!! I am getting him a high chair this week!!! I can give him some of our food!! He will LOVE that. He is so interested in my food, and my husband gives him big pieces of his food (not like hambergers or anything!), but I don't really like that. I was always told this food at this age, and such and such. I am going to give this a try.

Great link to the article by the way!!