Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2008, 08:39 PM   #11
evaliesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can I rant for a moment?

Ugh, That is frustrating! SS! You have an army here who will support you BFing longer though!

Advertisement

Old 09-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #12
averysmom
Registered Users

Keep it up mama, you are giving your lo the best thing. When my dd was about 8mo old our ped. convinced me to stop bfing because she was so small. She said that giving her formula would help her gain weight. SHE WAS WRONG. AT 1 my dd only weighed 13.2 and I stoped nursing for no reason. I still get very upset about it. Now she's 3 and only weighs 22lbs, and she's very petite. Our new ped isn't at all concerned considering I'm only 4'10 and only weighed 16lbs at 1yr old. She is very pro breastfeeding.

Don't quit. Babies go through growth spurts and then sometimes they don't grow as much. You are doing a very good thing for your baby. All that matters is that she is gaining, it doesn't matter how much.

Tell you mil to mind her own buisness. (Sorry I'm really angry at my mil right now!)
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #13
caleb'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just had my DS's 9 month check-up and he only weighed 16 1/2 lbs. He fell under the line for weight but he grew 2" he's 30" long so he's at 95% for height.I still EBF but the ped wanted to know how much solids he was eating. I told her not much at all because he just wasn't interested he loves to nurse! She encouraged me to try to get him to eat more solids. I just said ok and left. I am still not going to push solids no matter what everyone else tells me to do. He'll be ready in his own timing.

Amanda, , mommy to Caleb 11/15/07(learning to potty train) and wife to Mark
On a weight loss journey..down 10.6 lbs : Click Here for Cheap Prints and Photo Gifts

Last edited by caleb'smommy; 09-09-2008 at 09:35 PM.
caleb'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #14
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hopefully your DH told his mother to mind her own business.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #15
aecryan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am sorry mama! How frustrating!

My ds was born at 10 lbs 11 ozs. The second night I was in the hospital he became fussy. The nurse told me that he was a big baby and that I wasn't going to be able to bf him... that I would not make enough milk to satisfy him. I told her that I didn't think he was hungry at that very moment. Well, she left and I just held him skin to skin and talked to him. He calmed down and fell asleep.

I told the LC the next day what the nurse said and she rolled her eyes and was not impressed.

I have ebfed my son since day one and don't plan on starting solids until 9 months. BTW, he was 19 lbs 12 ozs at his 6 month checkup. I guess that nurse was wrong!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #16
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My (breastfed) DD didn't reach 14 pounds until she was about 9 months old.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:54 PM   #17
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i was FF, never a drop of bm in my life, and i weighed 11lbs at ONE year... so formula wont necessarily help a child who is genetically small. i'd ignore the ped if he were mine.. shes not ftt, shes not even at risk for ftt from the sounds of it.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #18
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

doesn't that just infuriate you? bf has benefits no matter how old the child is! MY aunt is a nurse and she's pretty clueless about bf too. she actually called lll ''a bunch of extremist whackos''! what does your dr. say about your dd's size? that doesnt really sound that small to me. (excuse the bad typing )
Old 09-10-2008, 02:42 PM   #19
dvansmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is over 7 months and 24 pounds!!! Obviously breast milk is doing something for him
Holly-mama to Donovan 6
dvansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #20
gpjosie
Banned

Oh my...

Now I'm starting to understand even more why so many moms I know have done some really...poor things related to breastfeeding...and tell me "well the nurse/doc/whomeever said it was okay.."
gpjosie is offline   Reply With Quote