Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tailbone Pain

Anyone else have excrutiating tailbone pain?! I'm 34 weeks and by the time evening comes around I can barely move and some nights I cry in pain. Doc says its just another one of those aches and pains and if its that bad to take Tylenol. Any other suggestions for pain relief? Please don't say the tub, I can barely get out of it! Plus, its a standard tub and I am 6 foot tall and its not comfortable when I'm not pregnant.

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tailbone Pain

Mine's more general hip pain than tailbone in particular, but my chiro has helped me out a couple of times when I wasn't even able to walk because of the hip pain. I also invested in one of those donut shaped hemmorhoid pillows which has made a HUGE difference! Good luck..
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:14 PM   #3
Christy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had tailbone pain and my chiropractor helped so much!!! Also sitting on the boppy pillow helped too. Good luck!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
LittleHobbitsMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had and still have (DS is almost 8 months now) tailbone and hip pain. I have a pillow with the tailbone area cut out that helps, and I had DH rub the area hard before I went to sleep every night...the more pressure the better it felt! Good Luck!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
I had tailbone pain and my chiropractor helped so much!!! Also sitting on the boppy pillow helped too. Good luck!
Totally agree about the boppy. I use it a lot to sit on. I had terrible pain while pregnant but w/DS #1 I broke my tailbone while pushing so I am afraid I'm stuck with it forever!
Old 05-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
Blessedmommieof3
Registered Users
seller

I'm not sure what your insurance situation is like, but I highly recommend seeing a Chiropractor or a DO (Doctor of Osteopathy) for some manipulation. It would do you a world of good.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i have the hip (sciatic) pain and the tailbone. mine gets me though b/c i also have that cist on the tailbone (i always forget the name of it, it starts w/a P), so i have a hard time telling sometimes if my tailbone is just sore or if that cyst is starting to act up again.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote