Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
lilthunderfox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Which pump do you think is best?

Ok so I am getting geared up for the next baby and I am going to need an electric pump, a double one and I wanted to ask you mamas the experts which one is the best? I have heard people say the hospital ones or medela or whisper wear or Avent Isis? but I want to make sure I get the best one. (Price is not really an issue within reason) I bought a manuall witht he first baby (yeah those are junk!) and with DS2 I bought a cheapie electric but it liked to suck my ta tas off!! LOL TMI I want one that expresses quickly (within 15-20 min) and maybe has an adjustable suction or something like that and is durale and portable. Yes I know I want it ALL!! LOL Anyway any opinions will be appreciated!!

Advertisement

Teale cd'ing, bf'ing, erf'ing, non circ'ing, more crunchy than I ever thought I would be, wifey to C mama to C 9/04, C 7/06, and CJ 11/09 with a newbie due in March 2012!! ISO: Nursing tops and bras S-M 34-36 C-D, girls clothes size 3, and girly newbie AIO/AI2s.
lilthunderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which pump do you think is best?

I got my pump from WIC and had the Medela and LOVE it!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love my Medela PISA. I get lots with it in a short amount of time.

I saw the freestyle yesterday and it looked cool, though. Then I had to remind myself that I'm not paying $380 for another pump. LOL!
Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:32 PM   #4
fuzzycakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also have a PISA. I'm using it for #2, and it's still working great. I think I got it from lactationcare.com they have great prices and customer service, as well as super fast shipping. It's kinda like a WAHM company. I think only 5 people run it, and they all sign their names on the info they send with your purchase/bill!

How fast you can pump really depends on your ta-tas. I'm a pretty good milk machine, and can pump basically all I have in 5-10 minutes, probably closer to 5, but I have a girlfriend with the same pump, and it takes her closer to 15 min. to get all her milk out. She's more of a "one duct at a time" pumper, while all mine seem to flow at once.
~Rebecca~ mamma to DS#1 Emmett (10/26/06) , DS#2 Henry (6/2/08) , and DS#3 Calvin (9/17/09)
fuzzycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
cakemaven
Registered Users
seller

I HATE the pump in style. I now have a Whittlestone breast expresser and love it. It does yank at your nipples like the PIS. Feels more like a boobie massage than a pumping session
Old 08-30-2008, 10:50 PM   #6
sherpanelson
Registered Users

I love my Medela Pump in style! 20 minutes and I would have 10 oz. And you can adjust it lots of different ways. Gotta love that!
sherpanelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:53 PM   #7
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love my PISA
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:43 AM   #8
mom2sophia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also love my PISA. I get a full serving plus within 10 minutes!
mom2sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:57 AM   #9
lilthunderfox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemaven View Post
I HATE the pump in style. I now have a Whittlestone breast expresser and love it. It does yank at your nipples like the PIS. Feels more like a boobie massage than a pumping session
Could you be more specific about what you hate about the PISA? I am just curious I lookd into the Whittleston and it looks like a nice machine at a pretty fair price but you have to but a bunchof accessories that come with the PISA so I wondered what features etc. it has that you prefer over the PISA.
Teale cd'ing, bf'ing, erf'ing, non circ'ing, more crunchy than I ever thought I would be, wifey to C mama to C 9/04, C 7/06, and CJ 11/09 with a newbie due in March 2012!! ISO: Nursing tops and bras S-M 34-36 C-D, girls clothes size 3, and girly newbie AIO/AI2s.
lilthunderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:10 AM   #10
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my Avent ISIS Duo. I started with a hospital grade Medela Symphony and I'd have to pump 30-35min to get 4 oz. When I switched to the Avent, I got 4-6oz in 10-15min. It was great and really shortened my pumping time. I still use it twice a day for 5-10min, and it's going strong after 14mos of pumping daily with it.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote