Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #21
cindylouhoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you feed on demand or hold to a schedule?

another on demand BFer here

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #22
cyrdian
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi there! We have a routine - Eat, Play, Sleep. It's not a schedule. I feed dd when she is hungry, but not every time she fusses (is tired, needs a diaper,etc). With my first dd, I fed her almost anytime anything bothered her. She didn't really eat, and would often refuse, but eventually needed me to put her to sleep. We eventually slowly worked in a routine of doing something else after she ate so she eventually learned to put herself down.

All babies are different! We went through about the same thing at that age, but it was because of teeth (she couldn't stay down the whole time). I do know that my dd gained weight better when she had 'meals' 4 hours apart at that age than constantly 'grazing' all day long, but that was just her- your baby coud be completely the opposite (sorry if that's not very helpful). Good luck!
cyrdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:37 PM   #23
gpjosie
Banned

I will not pretend to know the exact asnwer but I can tell you what worked for us. I have always, since the day she was born, fed on demand. My DD is almost eight months right now. At two months, your baby may very well need to eat more often that she is right now. I would say you could try letting her eat on demand for a few days and see if it helps her sleep. My baby girl didn't sleep too well the first few months, but it was more because I was missing her sleepy cues. Now she sleeps about an hour for naps, three times a day. She put herself on that schedule.

Is your doc worried about weight gain? Are you? If she has plenty of wet diapers, the chances are high she is getting enough to eat.
gpjosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #24
skyericsson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i nurse on ds cue. I did the same with dd and at age 2 w/dd I "didn't offer didn't refuse" she~CLW at age 4 right after we had ds. My kiddos got into the natural rhythm of their own schedules. now they both go to bed at 10:00pm and wake about 9:30am. DS takes 2 naps a day naturally at about 11pm for 45min and again at 4:00pm for 2 hours... oh and ds nurses at least twice a night around 2AM and about 6am but never wakes up fully
cosleeping, conservative yet extra crispycrunchy wife to my loving DH and sahm of our gorgeous princess sophia9/03 and cutie pie prince sven 8/07 and our beautiful sweet rainbow preemie born at 30 weeks Sång (pronounced "song")

Last edited by skyericsson; 09-10-2008 at 10:58 PM.
skyericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:58 PM   #25
mommyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Demand feeder here too.

**PLZ EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED ME!**
mommyz is offline   Reply With Quote