Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #11
mrjsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need help with ds not sleeping! Help!!

I guess I'm just lazy but our baby sleeps with us...co-sleep yes the forbidden word. It all sounds so tiring, time consuming etc. to have to get up feed the baby, put the baby back to bed, or listen to them cry. I tried all that with my first and it really didn't work for us. We co-sleep and baby nurses when she wants which really depends on many things, teething, sickness, thirst,or hunger or just plain needing to be close to mommy. Sometimes its once/night sometimes its 3 or 4 times. I try to make sure she is well fed before at supper and before bed for sure. I'm on baby #3 and we are all a happier and more rested family. If you were to ask me how many times I nursed her last night I never know cause I'm basically still asleep. Roll over nurse her..roll back. Call me lazy I want my sleep and I want my baby close to me. Its just what works for us and I wish you all the best

Advertisement

mrjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #12
Sakura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm using combined method of no-cry solution and "sleep lady". When my DS cries before nap/sleep, I rotate all of comforting (holding, singing, back rubbing) until my DS calms down and put him down. He may still cry in the crib but I don't leave him alone, and try to comfort him until he falls asleep. I've been doing this for a month, and I started seeing improvements after a few days for nights, and finally for nap last week. Having a routine (such as bath and massage before bed) helps a lot too.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:10 AM   #13
LoveMyIrishBabies
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have no advice because I'm in the same boat! I could have written your post tonight! If you check the time stamp, I'm here at 4:15 in the morning because LO isn't sleeping and I was getting pissy sitting in his room. Best of luck to you, you are not alone!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:08 AM   #14
lisad1
Registered Users

Please don't try CIO! This is totally normal when your baby is learning new physical skills like crawling - their brain/body has a hard time resting because they are "praticing" crawling/walking all night. This is a phase and it will pass! Is it possible to practice nursing lying-down through the day? It will help you get more sleep at night through this stage.

If my spouse was having a rough night and crying - I would be there for him... why not the rest of my family members - especially the most vulnerable and dependent ones? We can do lots of things to train our kids to act the way we want them to (and some of these things "work") but at what cost? And what message are we sending? When things get tough, you're on your own? My needs are more important than yours?

JMO
lisad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #15
AllyAsh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisad1 View Post
Please don't try CIO! This is totally normal when your baby is learning new physical skills like crawling - their brain/body has a hard time resting because they are "praticing" crawling/walking all night. This is a phase and it will pass! Is it possible to practice nursing lying-down through the day? It will help you get more sleep at night through this stage.

If my spouse was having a rough night and crying - I would be there for him... why not the rest of my family members - especially the most vulnerable and dependent ones? We can do lots of things to train our kids to act the way we want them to (and some of these things "work") but at what cost? And what message are we sending? When things get tough, you're on your own? My needs are more important than yours?

JMO
I totally agree with PP.
Sometimes DD wakes up 8 times in the night. I was at my wits end and I priority mailed myself The Baby Sleep Book by Dr. Sears (we use a lot of their books and have found them very helpful). We are down to one wake up per night now and I now understand WHY she wakes up and why she NEEDS me.