Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
ajprosek
Registered Users

How do you keep your LO's warm???

Ok maybe I just don't have a clue but now that the temp is falling I can't keep DD warm enough. Last winter she was swaddled and easier to keep warm. I have been keeping her in her jamies because now that she is mobile I can't keep anything on her feet that isn't sewed on At night I have tried a blanket, she wrapped herself up like a burrito and started screaming. So how do you keep your LO warm day and night? I need some hints.

Advertisement

Last edited by ajprosek; 09-10-2008 at 10:44 AM.
ajprosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
Tavie and Ellie's Mom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How do you keep your LO's warm???

During the day in the winter we wear fuzzy socks (when they were babies I would put little shoes over them so they couldn't kick them off) and layers. At night Octavia (3) likes to have blankets wrapped around her so that's what I do. But Ellie (16 months) hates blankets and kicks them off, so I bought some fleece pj's in a bigger size and put regular pj's on her and then the fleece ones on top.

You might want to try a space heater in her bedroom at night too.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
Leslieann
Registered Users
seller

Maybe you could get her wool or fleece longies with feet in them. I always put my son in a long sleeved shirt that is a size or too bigger to keep his tummy covered even if it slips up some for nights anyway. My son would never stay under the blanket when he was younger either. is your duaughter showing signs of being cold, maybe her activity level is keeping her warmer thna you think in the daytime at least.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #4
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Honestly? A halloween costume. get one that's a one piece with a hoodie (I have a pooh bear and a monkey one). It's what I did with The Kid the last two winters and it worked great. I would put it on him over his regular clothing when we were to go out and it would help keep his body warm with the different layers.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #5
Tavie and Ellie's Mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
Honestly? A halloween costume. get one that's a one piece with a hoodie (I have a pooh bear and a monkey one). It's what I did with The Kid the last two winters and it worked great. I would put it on him over his regular clothing when we were to go out and it would help keep his body warm with the different layers.
That's a good idea too, I forgot about that one. Last winter Ellie wore a furry bear costume as a coat and I swear she was warmer than Tavie was in her normal coat.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #6
ajprosek
Registered Users

She's still in our room at night, I'm comfortable in a tank top and the sheets with a light blanket and she's in her crib with a onesie and fleece one piece jammies over it, but her cheeks are freezing when she nurses and her hands are popsicles and when I've been changing her, her legs and feet are popsicles too at night. During the day her feet get cold when she gets her socks off, I'll have to get her some soft shoes or something.
ajprosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #7
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Maybe the footie pjs? How old is she? I've seen some sleep sacks that go up to a size 3T I think. We also put socks on Jayden.
TJR2119 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

LL Bean makes slippers that actually stay on little one's feet. At least by age 2, anyway. If your little one has cold hands, try little fleece mittens at night. While you're out and about during the day, just make sure their coat is rated for whatever temperature you're in.

At night, another thing you can do for those little ones who don't like blankets, sneak in their room after they've fallen asleep and then cover them back up. My youngest always kicks the blankets off, so I just sneak in when I go to bed and cover her back up.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fleece! And warm socks with Robeez over them
Old 09-10-2008, 02:35 PM   #10
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jammies are fine during the day, and can be covered with a sweater. At night, I'd use a sleep sack. There are some with arm holes and some with arms. I've used both, just with different things under them. (onesie vs full jammies)