Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #11
angbaby1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you keep your LO's warm???

All I have to say is reading the reccos of the halloween costumes..could they BE any cuter?! How can you stand it?!

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #12
neenahj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Layers, socks with sleep n plays, pj's with the feet. Really, I just make sure she has on socks and an undershirt, and if it's really cool, a hat to keep her ears warm.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #13
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fleece is my favorite during the winter. Footie fleece jammies. - u can also put a T-shirt or onesie under the jammies for really cold nights. If they wont have a blanket i would use a jammie slightly warmer than normal to make up for the blanket warmth. We also use a tower heater in the boys room on really cold nights and it definitely helps. U can set ours for 65 degrees which is perfect for them. (the next setting is 70 and it gets too warm)
Old 09-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #14
momma B
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At night I put footed fuzzy sleepers on her or just long sleeve and pant pj sets with socks.

During the day when we are home she just wears a long sleeve tee with my homemade baby leggins and socks with shoes (she loves where her sparkly shoes and it helps her keep socks on). Wearing just leggins and not pants helps with potty training or for when she's just in a prefold.
Check out my blog: thoughts&photographs
momma B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:18 AM   #15
mommyfrog
Registered Users

Layers. I put the thinner summer pjs with socks under the blanket sleeper for kids who don't like or kick off blankets. If that's not enough, do a onsie, then terry sleeper, then fleece blanket sleeper. During the day, I put a sweater or sweatshirt over a long sleeve t-shirt with pants, socks and Robeez. Or the fleece costumes others are suggesting, right over their clothes or pjs if you aren't going anywhere. Add socks and Robeez and they'll stay warm. Good luck.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #16
Beebug123
Registered Users

We don't have heat in our house (long story) so when DD1 was little I just layered like crazy. Def try socks on under the footie jammies. Onesies or undershirts. Then when it's really cold you can put another pair of fleece jammies ontop of that. When we go camping in the winter I will put all of that inside of a sleep sack with a pilots cap on their heads and a heavy winter coat on top of everything lol I know that's more than you need, but just an example lol
Old 09-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #17
ajprosek
Registered Users

Thanks for all the tips Mamas! Off to find some more fleece jammis and some soft shoes for her.
ajprosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:14 AM   #18
Monzie
Registered Users

At night...a tshirt, diaper, and socks with a fleece footed sleeper over them. And we keep the house about 4 degrees warmer than we used to....which makes our gas bill pretty scary, but whaddayagonnado?

During the day, he won't keep anything on his feet, so I'm still trying to figure that out. In the meantime, I figure cold feet won't kill him.
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #19
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

There's some fleece jammies you can buy at Target for babies up to 5T, I think. They're called Snugabye and they have a foldover foot cuff with tread that can be folded up for taller or older kids. They're well priced and great quality. I love em!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote