Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #11
scatterbrainedmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Vaccine concern question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove

The homeopathic remedy called Oscillococcinum has been helping people recover from the flu very quickly, which you can get at the health food store, as well as a few others.
even walfart has it and for cheaper than anywhere else!

Advertisement

Old 05-12-2006, 07:16 PM   #12
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

-I'm not trying to threadjack here.- My dd will not be vaccinated because my ds was. He is now autistic. Having said that, I know I am giong to get someone who says that vaccines "didn't do it" and there "is no proof". Micah is my proof. He went from being a happy typical baby to virtually nothing. Overnight. He would scream at his noisemaking toys in fear, bang his head on the floor, and spin wheels of his hot wheel for hours (if I let him). All followed by blank stares at the corner of a room. So no, my daughter will not receive ANY vaccines. Including the flu vaccine. And neither will anyone else in the family. It makes me physically ill to think of what we did to our son, because we did "what we were told". I never knew there was an option to not vaccinate. We educated ourselves, after a hard lesson learned.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #13
OnlyaMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow, you mamas gave me a lot of information. I guess my real concern was if I did not get the vaccines now, would my childrens be more suspectible to this new disease. I have done some reading, and form what I can comprehend, I detest the thought of injected my children with anything. My oldest son is 11, he recieved all his vaccines, and just recently diagonsed with Asperger Sydrome (High Functioning Autisim).

My 4 year old will not be taking the MMR due when he reaches 5. London is 8 months old now, and I do not want to continue with his shots. He was born with congential pnuema so he has taken the syngenis shot for RSV every month from birth up untill March. This was soppused to boost his lungs to help keep him shielded from RSV. The doctor said that he shold have the pneuma vaccine, plus the mumps and rubella. Yet she did agree to wait till he is alomst 2 for the first Mumps.

I have since decided to forgo all vaccines. His appoinment is next month, and I know I will get some flak. I would like to know more, to have more amo so to speak for when I go.

Scatterbrain I did read and print your post on vaccines from the GC site. It was very helpful in helping me make the decision not to vaccinate. I just need some more education I guess.

Thanks to all the mamas that responded!
Old 05-12-2006, 08:05 PM   #14
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you need any "ammo" as far as how to explain your reasoning for not continuing to vaccinate, Don't hesitate to email or pm me aundrea_danielle@yahoo.com
Old 05-12-2006, 08:07 PM   #15
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyaMommy
I guess my real concern was if I did not get the vaccines now, would my childrens be more suspectible to this new disease.
No, they wont be.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #16
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by drenotdoctor
If you need any "ammo" as far as how to explain your reasoning for not continuing to vaccinate, Don't hesitate to email or pm me aundrea_danielle@yahoo.com
Will you please pm me? I've been putting off dd's 6 month checkup because my dr have me a bunch of crap at her 4 mo checkup when I told her she wasn't getting vaxed.

I also said no to Hep B for my 2 yo, and I'm glad I did, since I found out later that that disease is mostly transferrable through sex and sharing needles! Not something a 2yo needs.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:08 PM   #17
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

I am scared of going back to my kids ped. for that exact same thing. I HATE confrontations and this is going to be one! I would rather change docs and start there but then again, I would then still have to tell that new doc that we aren't finishing vax's. What to do?

Oh, and docs with open minds are few and VERY far inbetween. There are two but both are 2 hours away from us so too far away for 4 children's check-ups.
keegans_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #18
falcon2
Registered Users
seller

Hi--My daughter was vaccinated for everything on schedule because I was completely ignorant about anything regarding vaccs...And admitedly , I still am, relatively ignorant (that is I know just enough to really freak me out). My son, now 5 months, has been vaccinated on schedule so far, but it scares me...I have read as much as I could, and came to the conclusion that I should vacc, and I was sure to ask if the vaccs were mercury free, and they were so we went ahead--but man I watched him like a paranoid hawk for the next few days and was so scared of something happening to him..Last time he got a fever of 101.5 and he was miserable for a few days. The thought that there is a national compensation program for children who have been damaged by vaccines, I can't take it! I really don't want to vaccinate my son any further, and I don't want to have to give my daughter her next round of shots either (she is 4). Besides possibly being open to infection, what are the other implications in not taking the vaccs? What happens with public school and other activities? What if you travel to foreign countries? We plan to take our kids traveling and don't want them open to infection--but neither do I want them harmed by a vacc! I would rather keep them home then see them hurt...
Can you help me understand this?
Thanks,
Alisa~
Old 05-13-2006, 01:07 PM   #19
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

(((HUGS))) Alisa! It's really a personal choice and one I have vowed to NOT debate further in DS. But one word of advice: don't always take your doctor's word as Biblical truth. They are compensated to push the meds.

Ok, outta this thread before it becomes hot!
keegans_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #20
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegans_mommy
(((HUGS))) Alisa! It's really a personal choice and one I have vowed to NOT debate further in DS. But one word of advice: don't always take your doctor's word as Biblical truth. They are compensated to push the meds.

Ok, outta this thread before it becomes hot!

Yeah, that!!

I don't post on Vax's here, either, cuz it's just not how i wanna spend my free time, arguing with people about something i personally **KNOW** to be true.
Vax's are BAD.
Please go to the vax forum at MDC, or a vax site like 909shot.com if you really want to become informed.
It's worth every second of time and effort it will take to educate yourself (and protect your children), I promise.
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote