Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2008, 01:29 AM   #1
alicia0082
Registered Users
seller

HELP! Im a horrible mommy!

My 10 month old has slept in our bed since practically day one, and I dont know if I was extra tired tonight or what, but I let ds fall off the bed!! What the heck was I doing?? Face first onto the hardwood floor. I feel like a dog! busted mouth, skinned nose, mt everest on head. as much as I love cosleeping.. one of my fears has come true.. I shall never fall asleep again!!

oh yea, btw im new here nice to meet you.. !

Advertisement

alicia0082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:14 AM   #2
0351wife
Registered Users

Re: HELP! Im a horrible mommy!

AWE hun dont beat yourself up over it! it happens sometimes! just be carefull and i am sure things will be fine... i am sure most of us at some point in time have felt liek a horrible mommy..... heres mine........we had just got moved into our new house.... and it had a concreat pourch wiht like 6stairs i kept telling my daughter becarefull dont fall....i went to get some boxes out of truck and heard this BAMMMMMMMMMMM followed by screaming then silence.... she fell right off and hit her head....i had to take her to er.....i beat myself up over it forever.. i deff gave myself the worst mommy award for not getting her off the stairs or paing more attention.... so see your not alone! and Welcome to the group!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
AllyAsh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

these things happen. you're not a bad mommy. you're a great mommy and he will forgive you (i'm sure he already has).

poor baby though.....i'm glad he wasn't hurt too bad.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
MommyToNoah
Registered Users
seller

HUGS! It happens, and it doesn't make you a bad mommy.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:05 AM   #5
Ari+Eli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yep-happened to both of mine-you;'re a wonderful mommy for sleeping with and breastfeeding your babe!!

After ds2 fell off we moved our bed up against the wall and put babe there, then mom, then dad. My dream is to be a ble to buy one of these:

http://www.betterforbabies.com/Tres_...-sleeping.html
Old 09-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
JuliaMaite
Registered Users

My Mood:

Gosh, I need one of those pillows...

Hey, you are in good company!! I am a 'horrible mommy' too!! DD is 7 months old, and I let her fall off the bed just yesterday!! She was crying SOO hard, she could hardly breath. I felt so dizzy, I thought I was going to faint. I couldn't calm her, not even by offering to BF her, which ALWAYS calms her down.

I'm a worse mommy, though... I do have the crib secured against the bed so she's secure at night because I'm there - but she sleeps there for naps as well, but since she crawls (and now stands up), she crawled to the end of the bed and that's where she fell. So I was going to post this question before I read your post... what do co-sleeping moms do for naps??? (besides the good suggestion of that pillow, which may take dh some convincing... (BTW, monitor was on, she just I guess thinks she's so independent).

Mama to Julia Maite 1/27/08 and #2 on the way - due January 2010 (Green Team)
JuliaMaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:56 AM   #7
spiritbear_momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

on our bed we just put on side on of those children safety sides so babe does not fall off bed, different when crawlers wake up, my ds crawled off in just before he was one, and fell off as well, we had sidebar on, he just went around it.

we did find siderail useful when nursing lol to sleep, then i fell asleep knowing rail will stop baby from fall,,
spiritbear_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:56 AM   #8
Ari+Eli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For naps I always made a little pallet on the floor. I'd put their sheepskin down in a corner of the room surrounded by pillows. This way I could lay down as well to nurse hime to sleep, then just get up
Old 09-11-2008, 09:16 AM   #9
Grrchurch03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This has happened with both of my kids and just about everyone I know has had an accident with their kids. It does not make you a horrible mommy. If it happened and you could care less, or you did it, then that might make you a horrible mommy, but accidents happen sometimes and we learn from it and are more careful in the future.

Last edited by Grrchurch03; 09-11-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Grrchurch03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #10
annya25
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It has happened over here too!! I was in tears, worse than DS!!! Ready to call 911, LOL. It really scared DS more than anything, and the 2nd time time he landed on a pillow and thought it was funny. Mommy, on the other hand, was hyperventilating. Now, he sleeps in his crib and when he gets up around 5-6 to nurse, we go sleep on a foam mattress on the floor for the next 1-2 hours. We still get our cuddles in that way.
annya25 is offline   Reply With Quote