Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: HELP! Im a horrible mommy!

Originally Posted by Ari+Eli View Post
yep-happened to both of mine-you;'re a wonderful mommy for sleeping with and breastfeeding your babe!!

After ds2 fell off we moved our bed up against the wall and put babe there, then mom, then dad. My dream is to be a ble to buy one of these:
We had a Tres Tria and it only lasted until he could sit up which wasn't very long. I ended up selling ours on eBay for much much less than I paid for it. The same went for bed rails, he easily leans over them and I just couldn't sleep well knowing there was a slight chance he could fall. We ended up putting a mattress on the floor pushed up against the wall. This was safer and I can slide the mattress (its a twin) up under our king sized bed when not in use. For now we all just sleep on the floor

mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:24 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

AWWW! Don't beat yourself up! I think it's happened to everyone! I dont even co-sleep (normally) and it's happened to me. DS was playing in the bed in the morning and I though DH was still in bed, but he wasn't and I was dozing and DS crawled right off the edge of the bed. I felt horrible.
Beth, wife to Matt 11-25-06, mommy to Levi Allen 11-23-07 and Waylon Fenimore, My VBAC baby 09-17-09 My Gallery. I would love to dye something for you! PM for details. Major Yarn Destash!!!!!!
Bethannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #13
Registered Users

Thanks guys! Glad to know Im not the only one! That pillow is nice! Last night scared my husband enough I might could just get away with it! I told dh we are taking the bed down and just sleeping on the mattress! I was so upset.. he nursed right back to sleep.. I cried and woke the MD up! I dont think he was as impressed with my cosleeping...

Last edited by alicia0082; 09-11-2008 at 12:47 PM. Reason: just because.
alicia0082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by alicia0082 View Post
I dont think he was as impressed with my cosleeping...

yea, I thought of calling MD too, and realized all I was going to get out of it is a lecture... but good thing my best friend from college is a family dr. married to an er dr... I got an opinion and second opinion all at once... (their dd is 2 months older then mine... and yea, it's happened to them, too!!). They both said as long as dd was alert and moving all limbs as usual, just to put ice on any bumps...

Mama to Julia Maite 1/27/08 and #2 on the way - due January 2010 (Green Team)
JuliaMaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #15
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
My Mood:

My son fell off the couch this morning. DH came RUNNING out of the shower to get him even though I was right here for him. It made me feel like the worst mom in the world.
Denelle, WAHM to Gwen (18) Ezekiel (8) Eleanor (my homebirth baby is now 5!)
MotherMoonPads Reusable Cloth Menstrual Pads, Restocking Daily, Quick Shipping!
Saving your body & the Earth, One cycle at a time
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

Sigh, it's happened to me too. I put DD on the bed - in the middle - turne around to get the pillow to block er in and in that time she had rolled over 3 times and - plop, scream- off the bed she went. I also felt like the most horrible Mama - but she stopped crying and started laughing - and I felt better. I checked her out and nothng seemed out of sorts. I called my DH who is a Navy Doc and he said everything was just fine - just dn't let her go back to sleep until he got home so he could check her out and make sure se didn't have a concussion. But she was fine.
Amy Loving my Sailor , :stir: AP, signing Mama to Morwenna and Robyn (AMC/ Sheldon Hall Syndrome), doggie Mama to BMD Jesse and BMD Annabella. As crunchy as an organic oatmeal-raisin cookie
HMDocsLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:37 PM   #17
Registered Users
Formerly: ben***katieh
My Mood:

me too. he took a tumble thankfully onto my boppy which was on the floor next to my side of the bed. but another time i was getting dressed at the in-laws and he was playing on the bed - crawled right off, and i caught his foot - too late for the fall onto his forehead. dh and i both cried! but ds was just fine.
Mommy to my charming and funny little man Oliver (2007)
and after years of waiting, overjoyed to welcome my new little lady Ava (January 2014)
kt~mommy is offline   Reply With Quote